Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Liquid Vinyl siding anyone in the Know?

Been looking around for siding options,

I have been taking a good look a the liquid vinyl siding.

I the tax deduction. I like how it looks. I like how it cocoons the
house with the caulking. I like how it is a radiant barrier.

I have not seen a lot of it here in Houston but havent gone out and
looked for it.
I have some vinyl siding on the house thats 4 years old and this
liquid vinyl siding can over over that for added protection.
I like that you have 1000's of color schemes
From what I am reading the technology has been around since the 60's
but they are now perfecting it.
From the pictures I have seen it looks great. But those are pictures.
..I dont know anyone that has had it done
The ony thing that worries me is that they are sealing OLD wood.

The wood may still be in good shape.... but it is still old wood and
the cost of replacing ALL of the wood to make it ALL new wood would
not be cost effective as doing minor repairs then installing the old
typical vinyl siding.

Any feed back would be greatly apprecaited

Regards

Marty
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 28, 2:34*pm, wrote:
Been looking around for siding options,

I have been taking a good look a the liquid vinyl siding.

I the tax deduction. I like how it looks. I like how it cocoons the
house with the caulking. I like how it is a radiant barrier.

I have not seen a lot of it here in Houston but havent gone out and
looked for it.
I have some vinyl siding on the house thats 4 years old and this
liquid vinyl siding can over over that for added protection.
I like that you have 1000's of color schemes
From what I am reading the technology has been around since the 60's
but they are now perfecting it.
From the pictures I have seen it looks great. But those are pictures.
.I dont know anyone that has had it done
The ony thing that worries me is that they are sealing OLD wood.

The wood may still be in good shape.... but it is still old wood and
the cost of replacing ALL of the wood to make it ALL new wood would
not be cost effective as doing minor repairs then installing the old
typical vinyl siding.

Any feed back would be greatly apprecaited

Regards

Marty

Its overpriced thick paint, I would not use it
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Been looking around for siding options,

I have been taking a good look a the liquid vinyl siding.

I the tax deduction. I like how it looks. I like how it cocoons the
house with the caulking. I like how it is a radiant barrier.

I have not seen a lot of it here in Houston but havent gone out and
looked for it.
I have some vinyl siding on the house thats 4 years old and this
liquid vinyl siding can over over that for added protection.
I like that you have 1000's of color schemes
From what I am reading the technology has been around since the 60's
but they are now perfecting it.
From the pictures I have seen it looks great. But those are pictures.
.I dont know anyone that has had it done
The ony thing that worries me is that they are sealing OLD wood.

The wood may still be in good shape.... but it is still old wood and
the cost of replacing ALL of the wood to make it ALL new wood would
not be cost effective as doing minor repairs then installing the old
typical vinyl siding.

Any feed back would be greatly apprecaited

Regards

Marty

Being in the general contracting business, I get asked about this
all the time. I have done some research and found that people
that sell it love it, but people that buy it feel cheated. Here
are some things to consider:

The companies that install it have not been around very long, so
it is difficult (I have found it impossible) to find a job that
was done over 4-5 years ago. The ones that I looked at looked
OK, but I would have to see some that are much older than that to
justify their incredibly high prices.

http://www.askthebuilder.com/411_Mir...Products.shtml

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I have been taking a good look a the liquid vinyl siding.

Don't be a sucker.

Vinyl paint (that is, paint based on polyvinyl acetate polymer, PVA) is
cheap ordinary paint such as you would buy at any retail store. Adding
fumed silica (very fine sand) makes it thicker, more thick than paint is
usually formulated. There is no value to such thickening other than to
bamboozle the customer.

Basically you are being offered what is (at best) an ordinary paint job for
perhaps twice the going price, with the appearance that you're getting
something better than paint. It's a despicable sham.