Posted to alt.home.repair,free.uk.diy.home

Default strong tissue blocking sewer pipes

Normally toilet tissue will completely break apart after being in water for
a short period of time. But these so called 'moist toilet tissues' now for
sale in some supermarkets do not dissolve at all.

Will the sewerage system in north London U.K., deal with these Strong type
moist tissues o.k., or is there likely to be trouble with blocked pipes,
etc?

Posted to alt.home.repair,free.uk.diy.home

"johngood_____" wrote in message
Normally toilet tissue will completely break apart after being in water
for a short period of time. But these so called 'moist toilet tissues'
now for sale in some supermarkets do not dissolve at all.

Will the sewerage system in north London U.K., deal with these Strong type
moist tissues o.k., or is there likely to be trouble with blocked pipes,
etc?

Next turd passing pushes them out of the way like a battering ram.

Posted to alt.home.repair,free.uk.diy.home

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"johngood_____" wrote in message
Normally toilet tissue will completely break apart after being in
water for a short period of time. But these so called 'moist toilet
tissues' now for sale in some supermarkets do not dissolve at all.

Will the sewerage system in north London U.K., deal with these
Strong type moist tissues o.k., or is there likely to be trouble
with blocked pipes, etc?

Next turd passing pushes them out of the way like a battering ram.

You'd be so lucky - or similar lyrics!

To the OP, what is the brand, are they advertised? I'm worried that SWMBOd
might be guilible enough! Maybe I'd ought to accompany her to Tosca this
weekend!

Posted to alt.home.repair,free.uk.diy.home

"Clot" wrote in message
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"johngood_____" wrote in message
Normally toilet tissue will completely break apart after being in
water for a short period of time. But these so called 'moist toilet
tissues' now for sale in some supermarkets do not dissolve at all.

Will the sewerage system in north London U.K., deal with these
Strong type moist tissues o.k., or is there likely to be trouble
with blocked pipes, etc?

Next turd passing pushes them out of the way like a battering ram.

You'd be so lucky - or similar lyrics!

To the OP, what is the brand, are they advertised? I'm worried that SWMBOd
might be guilible enough! Maybe I'd ought to accompany her to Tosca this
weekend!

Wow that's the name of my cat (Tosca).

Cheers

John

Posted to alt.home.repair,free.uk.diy.home

In ,
John typed:
"Clot" wrote in message
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"johngood_____" wrote in message
Normally toilet tissue will completely break apart after being in
water for a short period of time. But these so called 'moist
toilet tissues' now for sale in some supermarkets do not dissolve
at all. Will the sewerage system in north London U.K., deal with these
Strong type moist tissues o.k., or is there likely to be trouble
with blocked pipes, etc?

Next turd passing pushes them out of the way like a battering ram.

You'd be so lucky - or similar lyrics!

To the OP, what is the brand, are they advertised? I'm worried that
SWMBOd might be guilible enough! Maybe I'd ought to accompany her to
Tosca this weekend!

Wow that's the name of my cat (Tosca).

Cheers

John

So it's your cat who thinks she's Sarah Bernhardt at 4 am?

Posted to alt.home.repair,free.uk.diy.home

Normally toilet tissue will completely break apart after being in
water for a short period of time. But these so called 'moist
toilet tissues' now for sale in some supermarkets do not dissolve
at all. Will the sewerage system in north London U.K., deal with these
Strong type moist tissues o.k., or is there likely to be trouble
with blocked pipes, etc?

Next turd passing pushes them out of the way like a battering ram.

You'd be so lucky - or similar lyrics!

I suspect once they hit the main collector line, it's large enough that it would
cause no more problem than all the other non-water soluble stuff that gets
flushed.

I had to auger out the smaller line between the house and the street once. Ended
up being plugged because the SO was using these and they ended up catching on a
burr inside.
Posted to alt.home.repair,free.uk.diy.home

"johngood_____" wrote

Normally toilet tissue will completely break apart after being in water
for a short period of time. But these so called 'moist toilet tissues'
now for sale in some supermarkets do not dissolve at all.

Will the sewerage system in north London U.K., deal with these Strong type
moist tissues o.k., or is there likely to be trouble with blocked pipes,
etc?

If you mean the ones like Baby-wipes, they are not advised for flushing.
Especially if on a septic system. Yes, they can block pipes. We have
problems with Marines on ships doing that all the time grin.

Posted to alt.home.repair,free.uk.diy.home

Next turd passing pushes them out of the way like a battering ram.

That is what I like ,giving it in plain english.

Posted to alt.home.repair,free.uk.diy.home

In article ,
Robert Neville wrote:

Normally toilet tissue will completely break apart after being in
water for a short period of time. But these so called 'moist
toilet tissues' now for sale in some supermarkets do not dissolve
at all. Will the sewerage system in north London U.K., deal with these
Strong type moist tissues o.k., or is there likely to be trouble
with blocked pipes, etc?

Next turd passing pushes them out of the way like a battering ram.

You'd be so lucky - or similar lyrics!

I suspect once they hit the main collector line, it's large enough that it would
cause no more problem than all the other non-water soluble stuff that gets
flushed.

I had to auger out the smaller line between the house and the street once. Ended
up being plugged because the SO was using these and they ended up catching on a
burr inside.

Are these the circular, diameter maybe 3 inches, "Tucks", or
something larger? How much larger?

I guess if these things really do catch on burrs, etc, then maybe
a ziploc bag nearby to put them (used) in *might* be worth
a try? They come already-wet (witch hazel, I was once told),
and maybe wouldn't stink so much if the bag were then "zipped"
shut (after most air compressed out, of course)?

I took a trip to Guatemala once, and down there you're
told to put even toilet paper in the waste-basket -- NOT
to flush down the toilet (sewer etc can't handle it?).

David

Posted to alt.home.repair,free.uk.diy.home

David Combs wrote:
In article ,
Robert Neville wrote:
[...]

Experienced the same in Turkey and Cyprus. Different cultures, different
sewage system expectations.

TISSUE BOX COVER J T Woodworking 0 February 24th 08 10:22 PM
Breaking up concrete close to sewer pipes dan offcamber UK diy 4 January 31st 07 09:46 PM
OT Toilet Tissue John Woodworking 17 October 10th 05 04:19 PM
Tunneling under house to access sewer pipes miamicuse Home Repair 15 July 23rd 05 04:26 AM
Garberators Effect on Sewer Pipes Alan Smithee Home Repair 22 March 5th 05 08:55 PM