Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Basement Sink with SaniShower pump.

I'm planning to put in a wash sink in my below ground basement (it will
empty into a drywell, so unfortunately, no toilet).
I'm looking at the SaniShower pump to pump the waste up to the 4" waste
and vent stack for the kitchen sink above.
http://www.needplumbingsupplies.com/...e&NpsRfrMfg=10
or: http://tinyurl.com/3adbus
The cleanout for the waste water pipe is about 4.5' from the basement
floor and that is where the vent ends and the waste pipe goes to the
drywell, so the waste from the sink has to be above the cleanout. There
already is is a 2" tap into that 4" waste pipe for the water softener
flush water.
Has anyone used this pump, or something similar, and if so, how well
does it work?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Don't you still need provisions to install a vent for the pump system just
like a sewage pump requires.

"willshak" wrote in message
I'm planning to put in a wash sink in my below ground basement (it will
empty into a drywell, so unfortunately, no toilet).
I'm looking at the SaniShower pump to pump the waste up to the 4" waste
and vent stack for the kitchen sink above.
http://www.needplumbingsupplies.com/...e&NpsRfrMfg=10
or: http://tinyurl.com/3adbus
The cleanout for the waste water pipe is about 4.5' from the basement
floor and that is where the vent ends and the waste pipe goes to the
drywell, so the waste from the sink has to be above the cleanout. There
already is is a 2" tap into that 4" waste pipe for the water softener
flush water.
Has anyone used this pump, or something similar, and if so, how well does
it work?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to alt.home.repair

and vent stack for the kitchen sink above.http://www.needplumbingsupplies.com/...erating-Toilet...
or:http://tinyurl.com/3adbus
The cleanout for the waste water pipe is about 4.5' from the basement
floor and that is where the vent ends and the waste pipe goes to the
drywell, so the waste from the sink has to be above the cleanout. There
already is is a 2" tap into that 4" waste pipe for the water softener
flush water.
Has anyone used this pump, or something similar, and if so, how well
does it work?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

wash sink...into a drywell

Is that OK where you live? I'm thinking about rinsing paint brushes
or using mineral spirits or bleach from the washer and other things
like that.

Is it OK to add that to the groundwater near your house or won't the
sink ever be used for those purposes?
Posted to alt.home.repair

on 3/27/2008 10:39 AM EXT said the following:
Don't you still need provisions to install a vent for the pump system just
like a sewage pump requires.

Where the pump will tap into the 4" pipe, the vent out the roof will be
above the tap and the waste into the drywell below, both are in the same
4" pipe.
"willshak" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 3/27/2008 10:55 AM DerbyDad03 said the following:
[...]

No harsh chemicals. It's only for washing hands, washing artist brushes,
draining the dehumidifier in the summer, and as a fresh water supply,
just so I don't have to drag water up and down the stairs. I use
biodegradable turpentine and brush cleaner for the paint brushes.
My drywell is not for gutter draining, it is a 'greywater' septic system
for the sinks, dishwater, washing machine, bath and showers. Everything
but toilets, which have a separate 'blackwater' septic tank and field
system.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY