DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Maytag washer doesn't drain and goes through all cycles (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/240236-maytag-washer-doesnt-drain-goes-through-all-cycles.html)

roamic March 27th 08 12:15 PM

Maytag washer doesn't drain and goes through all cycles

I have a maytag washer A482. It doesn't drain. When it gets to the end
of the regular cycle, it goes through the permanent press cycle; when
it gets to the end of that cycle, it goes through the delicate cycle.

Timer?

Pump?

Probably unrelated, but about 2 weeks ago, I replaced both belts.

DerbyDad03 March 27th 08 12:38 PM

On Mar 27, 8:15*am, roamic wrote:
I have a maytag washer A482. It doesn't drain. When it gets to the end
of the regular cycle, it goes through the permanent press cycle; when
it gets to the end of that cycle, it goes through the delicate cycle.

Timer?

Pump?

Probably unrelated, but about 2 weeks ago, I replaced both belts.

The 2 times my Kenmore didn't drain it was the pump.

Once it was broken, once it was clogged with lint.

I've also seen problems with drainage when the filter/net that I use
on the end of the discharge hose get so clogged the it restricts the
outflow.

Frank[_9_] March 27th 08 04:57 PM

"roamic" wrote in message
I have a maytag washer A482. It doesn't drain. When it gets to the end
of the regular cycle, it goes through the permanent press cycle; when
it gets to the end of that cycle, it goes through the delicate cycle.

Timer?

Pump?

Probably unrelated, but about 2 weeks ago, I replaced both belts.

I had to replace my pump on the Maytag. Yes could be timer (loose wire, bad
contact?) or solenoid too.