Posted to alt.home.repair

Default furring channels for new construction

I picked up a couple hundred pieces of what looked to me like metal
studs at an auction for $10. Since then I have found out that they
are "Furring Channels". They are 7/8 in deep and 12 feet long 20
gauge galvinized steel.

I am now planning out building a 8X8 shed. I was plannning to use
2x4s and 2x6's for the framing and plywood for the floors and walls
and courigated steel for the roof.

I would like to know if there is any way I can use these furring
channels to take the place of any of the wood materials that I would
otherwise have to buy. Can they be used under the plywood floor in
place of the 2x6's? Can they be used to hold up the walls or roof in
place of 2x4's? Any ideas are welcome.

If there is no application for these Furring Channels, any ideas what
I could do with them?

Furring strips ON TOP of my roof shingles? [email protected] Home Repair 30 December 6th 07 08:02 AM
De-furring aluminium ..? T i m UK diy 42 May 27th 06 08:26 PM
Per Square Foot Cost of Using Furring STrips as Rainscreen [email protected] Home Repair 0 January 26th 06 06:25 AM
Furring strips PhotoMan Home Repair 4 February 13th 05 07:15 AM
Furring a wall? Brikp Home Repair 1 August 17th 04 08:16 AM