DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   glue in cold place (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/239425-glue-cold-place.html)

Patt March 22nd 08 08:53 PM

glue in cold place

What glue can be used inside of a refrigerator? I have to glue the little
button (one of them) that holds the top of the crisper in place. One of the
buttons has broken and I have a new one to replace it, but it needs to be
afixed somehow. Thanks.

Nate Nagel March 22nd 08 08:57 PM

glue in cold place

Patt wrote:
What glue can be used inside of a refrigerator? I have to glue the little
button (one of them) that holds the top of the crisper in place. One of the
buttons has broken and I have a new one to replace it, but it needs to be
afixed somehow. Thanks.

If it's part of the shelf and not the side of the fridge, I'd just
remove the whole shelf and glue it at room temp then reinstall.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Edwin Pawlowski March 22nd 08 10:11 PM

glue in cold place

"Patt" wrote in message
What glue can be used inside of a refrigerator? I have to glue the little
button (one of them) that holds the top of the crisper in place. One of
the buttons has broken and I have a new one to replace it, but it needs to
be afixed somehow. Thanks.

What are you gluing to? Temperature aside, some adhesives will not stick to
the plastic lining.

Patt March 22nd 08 11:15 PM

glue in cold place

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
et...

"Patt" wrote in message
What glue can be used inside of a refrigerator? I have to glue the
little button (one of them) that holds the top of the crisper in place.
One of the buttons has broken and I have a new one to replace it, but it
needs to be afixed somehow. Thanks.

What are you gluing to? Temperature aside, some adhesives will not stick
to the plastic lining.
I am gluing it to the side of the fridge which is a kind of plastic. There
is a hole in the side of the fridge that this button slides into but the
fit is not tight enough without glue or something. You have to have the
buttons in first and then the lid of the crisper sits down on these
buttons. If you then try to pull the drawer out, the button falls out of
the hole, so it needs to be secured somehow, and I thought a glue that
works in cold places would do the trick. Wouls some sort of epoxy work?
Thanks.

Patt