DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Where find Jasco metal primer ? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/239397-where-find-jasco-metal-primer.html)

JoeSpareBedroom March 22nd 08 06:02 PM

Where find Jasco metal primer ?

"James" wrote in message
. ..
Can anyone tell me where I can find the metal primer made by Jasco ?
Their website claims it is sold by Lowe's, Ace Hardware, etc, but I
cannot
find it anywhere.

Anyone know where to buy this product please ?

Thanks

James

Maybe try calling some real paint stores, especially ones that don't use a
paint brand as their store name.

mm March 22nd 08 06:42 PM

Where find Jasco metal primer ?

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 13:54:22 -0500, "James"
wrote:

Can anyone tell me where I can find the metal primer made by Jasco ?
Their website claims it is sold by Lowe's, Ace Hardware, etc, but I cannot
find it anywhere.

I can't help you but it's worth commenting that some of these websites
list stores that sell any of their products as if they sold all their
products.

And others list stores that sell none. When I wanted a lightweight
hitch for a lightweight car, the website listed 4 stores on Route 1
here, and none of them had it, and 2 said they had never sold that
brand. One guy was the owner/manager.

Tom J March 22nd 08 09:14 PM

James wrote:
Can anyone tell me where I can find the metal primer made by Jasco ?
Their website claims it is sold by Lowe's, Ace Hardware, etc, but I
cannot find it anywhere.

I recently looked up a product on the internet and it to, said Lowes
was a retailer. The store clerk in that department had never heard of
such an item. I went up front to the service desk, handed the clerk a
paper with the information and the price quoted on the internet. She
put it into the computer, came up with a price 25% less, wrote the
order and I had the part in 10 days.

So, if you have a part # for that primer, go to the service desk and
order.

Tom J

JoeSpareBedroom March 22nd 08 09:16 PM

Where find Jasco metal primer ?

"James" wrote in message
. ..
Can anyone tell me where I can find the metal primer made by Jasco ?
Their website claims it is sold by Lowe's, Ace Hardware, etc, but I
cannot
find it anywhere.

Anyone know where to buy this product please ?

Thanks

James

Does it have to be that brand? What about a more commonly available
Rust-Oleum product?

JoeSpareBedroom March 22nd 08 09:40 PM

Where find Jasco metal primer ?

"James" wrote in message
I don't find a similar product in the Rust-Oleum product. This is a
metal primer, and again, I don't find one made by Rust-Oleum.

Also, this specific product was said to be the best available.

Thanks to all for comments.

James

Rust-Oleum's business was built around metal paints! If you're not finding
it, call the company. I'd be very surprised if they didn't have something
for your particular application.

willshak March 23rd 08 04:02 PM

on 3/22/2008 6:35 PM James said the following:
I don't find a similar product in the Rust-Oleum product. This is a
metal primer, and again, I don't find one made by Rust-Oleum.

Also, this specific product was said to be the best available.

Thanks to all for comments.

James

How about Dupli-Color primer made for automobiles? Sold in auto stores.
http://www.duplicolor.com/products/primer.html

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

James March 23rd 08 06:14 PM

Where find Jasco metal primer ?

thanks Bill, I will look for this !!

James

patrick mitchel March 23rd 08 06:29 PM

Where find Jasco metal primer ?

jasco primer sounds a lot like por-15.
http://www.por15.com/products.asp?dept=1
or this from eastwood
http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?i...rID=347&KICKER
Keep in mind (from what I've read online) that this stuff has a shelf life
that's pretty short. Buy when you need ALL of what you buy. Pat

Nil March 24th 08 11:01 PM

Where find Jasco metal primer ?

On 22 Mar 2008, "James" wrote in
alt.home.lawn.garden:

I don't find a similar product in the Rust-Oleum product. This
is a metal primer, and again, I don't find one made by
Rust-Oleum.

http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProductF...ST&bsq=2&bid=6

I'd bet there are other primers listed on the site.