Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Remove Deadbolt

I have a Merit deadbolt on my front door that I want to remove. This
lock has a bolt that rotates 90 degrees up to latch.

First I took off the cover plate then removed two big screws that hold
the latch assembly to the door. I see nothing else to unscrew and
nothing on either the inside or outside cylinder to remove.

What do I do next?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Bob Simon wrote:

I have a Merit deadbolt on my front door that I want to remove. This
lock has a bolt that rotates 90 degrees up to latch.

First I took off the cover plate then removed two big screws that hold
the latch assembly to the door. I see nothing else to unscrew and
nothing on either the inside or outside cylinder to remove.

What do I do next?

Um, pull the inside and outside pieces apart?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 11:49:49 -0500, Bob Simon
wrote:

I have a Merit deadbolt on my front door that I want to remove. This
lock has a bolt that rotates 90 degrees up to latch.

First I took off the cover plate then removed two big screws that hold
the latch assembly to the door. I see nothing else to unscrew and
nothing on either the inside or outside cylinder to remove.

What do I do next?

Never mind.

After doing a little reading, I learned this is a mortise lock. I
found the set screws and was able to remove a cylinder.

This lock has always been difficult to operate. I squirted some Slick
50 in the mechanism and now it works great.

Loose deadbolt bezel C & E Home Repair 2 March 25th 08 07:36 PM
Weatherproofing a lock or deadbolt Stormin Mormon Home Repair 0 March 15th 07 05:09 PM
deadbolt Patt Home Repair 10 March 15th 07 12:01 AM
Need to remove the deadbolt from a locked door [email protected] Home Ownership 10 April 28th 05 08:36 PM
Baldwin DBL Deadbolt???? cm Home Repair 5 August 5th 04 07:12 PM