Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

Default CVG Douglas Fir Source

Does anyone know of a source of clear vertical grain Douglas fir (1x
for door jambs) in the PA, NJ, or NY area? I'm having a really
difficult time finding anything.

Thanks in advance,

Mike
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

Mike wrote:
Does anyone know of a source of clear vertical grain Douglas fir (1x
for door jambs) in the PA, NJ, or NY area? I'm having a really
difficult time finding anything.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Not in your area, but they ship . . .

Jackal Enterprises (1-800-711-WOOD )

I'm in Kansas and shipped 8/4 vg Doug Fir in from them. It was the
nicest material I've unloaded off a truck. Usually I'm disappointed when
I ship material in sight-unseen, but this was fantastic stuff. Obviously
it is expensive to ship it, but I had no choice. Can't get it in Kansas.

Rick
http://www.thunderworksinc.com

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

Rick writes:
Mike wrote:
Does anyone know of a source of clear vertical grain Douglas fir (1x
for door jambs) in the PA, NJ, or NY area? I'm having a really
difficult time finding anything.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Not in your area, but they ship . . .

Jackal Enterprises (1-800-711-WOOD )

I drive down there regularly (they're in Watsonville, Ca) and
always find the highest quality lumber. The pattern-grade
mahogany is simply beautiful.

scott