Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Oil - gas burner conversion

Oil fired hot water radiator system. Cost of swapping
out the old oil burner to natural gas? Tank disposal?

Posted to alt.home.repair

I don't know, but if I had that type of system, I'd be trying to swap
it out for a geothermal heat pump system.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 21, 2:22�pm, Frank wrote:
Oil fired hot water radiator system. �Cost of swapping
out the old oil burner to natural gas? �Tank disposal?

how old is the system? i would use caution spending big bucks if bthe
system is old and inefficent.

plus at least with oil you can buy in advance, natural gas your stuck
and its going up too.

does your home have gas already? if not figure in the cost of new line
etc etc
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote:
Oil fired hot water radiator system. Cost of swapping
out the old oil burner to natural gas? Tank disposal?

You want to swap in a complete new boiler, not just the burner.

You can DIY a (____guess BTU size here) for maybe 1 grand to 2 grands.
Add 3 to 4 grand to have someone else do it.

Tank removal/disposal kind of depends on where it is located (in/out)
and lots of local regs. Round number? Add another grand.

Is there some compelling reason to swap?

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote in message
Oil fired hot water radiator system. Cost of swapping
out the old oil burner to natural gas? Tank disposal?

If you are switching fuels, look at all the options, such as the high
efficiency units. Getting rid of the tank alone can be a few hundred bucks,
but I was able to get rid of a few of them at no cost. Ask around and you
may get lucky.

Be sure to get rid of the fillers though, there have been a few errors with
automatic fills after the tank was removed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Assuming one has a diesel auto and an otherwise unused oil tank, has anyone
come up with a way to filter or bleach out Red Dye #164?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Big Giant Head" wrote in message
Assuming one has a diesel auto and an otherwise unused oil tank, has
anyone
come up with a way to filter or bleach out Red Dye #164?

It burns out as you drive.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 21, 9:38�pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"Big Giant Head" wrote in ...

Assuming one has a diesel auto and an otherwise unused oil tank, has
anyone
come up with a way to filter or bleach out Red Dye #164?

It burns out as you drive.

i wonder how many personal vehicles the feds actually check?

log burner Staffbull UK diy 62 December 26th 07 10:55 AM
oil burner [email protected] UK diy 4 December 27th 06 04:28 PM
Buy new Oil Burner or fix old one? Tony Home Repair 1 November 15th 06 12:20 AM
Mad Dog CD burner JURB6006 Electronics Repair 7 November 22nd 04 12:33 PM
Gas conversion burner Rich M. Home Ownership 0 October 18th 04 02:30 PM