DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   GFCI (groud fault cicuit interupter) (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/239187-gfci-groud-fault-cicuit-interupter.html)

[email protected] March 21st 08 01:49 PM

GFCI (groud fault cicuit interupter)

Hello Everybody.
I brought a gfci from France to the Philippines. The french electrical
system is: one phase 220V 50Hz, three wires. (phase, neutral, ground)
The Philippino system is: two phases 110V (220V between both) 60Hz.two
wires only. Can I use my gfci? How? Having a step up transformer on
one phase and the ground? An isolation transformer?
Many thanks in advance for all advices and sugestions. Rudy in the
Philippines.

Bud-- March 21st 08 05:04 PM

wrote:
Hello Everybody.
I brought a gfci from France to the Philippines. The french electrical
system is: one phase 220V 50Hz, three wires. (phase, neutral, ground)
The Philippino system is: two phases 110V (220V between both) 60Hz.two
wires only. Can I use my gfci? How? Having a step up transformer on
one phase and the ground? An isolation transformer?
Many thanks in advance for all advices and sugestions. Rudy in the
Philippines.

..
You have to power it from 220V with a 220V load. It may not like 60Hz
(assuming the Philippines are 60Hz).

Advice - replace it.

--
bud--

ransley March 21st 08 07:45 PM

On Mar 21, 7:49*am, wrote:
Hello Everybody.
I brought a gfci from France to the Philippines. The french electrical
system is: one phase 220V 50Hz, three wires. (phase, neutral, ground)
The Philippino system is: two phases 110V (220V between both) 60Hz.two
wires only. Can I use my gfci? How? Having a step up transformer on
one phase and the ground? An isolation transformer?
Many thanks in advance for all advices and sugestions. Rudy in the
Philippines.

Yea spend 50$ on transformers and waste a day but you could buy the
right gfi for less and be done with it