DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Adding new Circuits to Room Addition... 2 wires or 2 wires + Ground? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/239085-adding-new-circuits-room-addition-2-wires-2-wires-ground.html)

[email protected] March 20th 08 07:48 PM

Adding new Circuits to Room Addition... 2 wires or 2 wires + Ground?

.....should I add a ground wire that leads back to the service panel?

In my hometown, 2 wire and conduit is "to code", but would a ground
wire make the ground more "robust?"

Also, I talked to the electrical inspector and he informed me that 2-
wire and using conduit for ground is a "dirty ground".

RBM[_2_] March 20th 08 08:05 PM

wrote in message
....should I add a ground wire that leads back to the service panel?

In my hometown, 2 wire and conduit is "to code", but would a ground
wire make the ground more "robust?"

Also, I talked to the electrical inspector and he informed me that 2-
wire and using conduit for ground is a "dirty ground".

I think the inspector answered your question

Mikepier March 20th 08 10:58 PM

On Mar 20, 3:48*pm, wrote:
....should I add a ground wire that leads back to the service panel?

In my hometown, 2 wire and conduit is "to code", but would a ground
wire make the ground more "robust?"

Also, I talked to the electrical inspector and he informed me that 2-
wire and using conduit for ground is a "dirty ground".

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to run new circuits to a
room. Pretty much all cable sold today in HD or Lowes, whether BX or
Romex already has a ground in it anyway.