DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   New Household Wiring - Stranded or Solid?? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/239082-new-household-wiring-stranded-solid.html)

[email protected] March 20th 08 07:03 PM

New Household Wiring - Stranded or Solid??

Which is better, folks?

Nate Nagel March 20th 08 07:30 PM

New Household Wiring - Stranded or Solid??

wrote:
Which is better, folks?

I'm assuming you're referring to THHN pulled through conduit, as I've
never seen any other form of stranded wire suitable for residential use.
Most electricians prefer to pull stranded wire because it's easier,
but make sure you use quality devices that may be used with stranded
wire (that rules out any consumer-grade receptacles etc. where you have
the choice of "backstab" and "loop around the screw" type terminals.)
Also check with your local AHJ to make sure stranded wire won't cause
you any code issues.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.