Posted to alt.home.repair
DJH DJH is offline

Default Shelf Systems

I would like some recommendations on moth/larvae control in my closets.
I had several wool sweaters chewed through with holes. Does anyone have
a non-toxic solutions to this. Moth balls are toxic especially in my
case with a 2 year old.

I am also going to a newer wire shelf like closetmaid. Can someone
recommend a nice company or shelving system.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 20, 9:31*am, DJH wrote:
I would like some recommendations on moth/larvae control in my closets.
I had several wool sweaters chewed through with holes. Does anyone have
a non-toxic solutions to this. Moth balls are toxic especially in my
case with a 2 year old.

I am also going to a newer wire shelf like closetmaid. Can someone
recommend a nice company or shelving system.

Take clothes to a dry cleaner and line the walls with Cedar, I saw
Cedar closet kits at maybe menards, even a bundle of Cedar shingles
will do.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Mar 20, 9:31*am, DJH wrote:
I would like some recommendations on moth/larvae control in my closets.
I had several wool sweaters chewed through with holes. Does anyone have
a non-toxic solutions to this. Moth balls are toxic especially in my
case with a 2 year old.

I am also going to a newer wire shelf like closetmaid. Can someone
recommend a nice company or shelving system.

Change the closet hardware to a locking knob set and then use
mothballs as needed. Locking the 2 year old out is good parenting, so
that he can learn about the limits in life. HTH

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

"DJH" wrote in message
I would like some recommendations on moth/larvae control in my closets. I
had several wool sweaters chewed through with holes. Does anyone have a
non-toxic solutions to this. Moth balls are toxic especially in my case
with a 2 year old.

I am also going to a newer wire shelf like closetmaid. Can someone
recommend a nice company or shelving system.

I believe Cedar wood also works and is non-toxic but you ned more than 1 or
2 of those little hangers. I actually had a problem like this in an
apartment. It was years ago.

I found honest to goodness cedar chips at a pet store and put these in a net
(laundry) bag and used that. I also had cats and figured out how to get
moth balls up. I put them also in a small net bag, then nailed the bag
firmly up near the ceiling.

I have no specific recommendations on the closet system, we tend to like to
make our own (hobby fun for us).

Posted to alt.home.repair

I would agree about putting a lock on the closet. 2 year olds can get
into stuff they shouldn't. Putting stuff up high doesn't always work.
We caught our grand niece at age 3 pulling out drawers in kitchen
cabinets to make a "ladder."

As to shelves, I like the Closet Maid system. The house we just moved
into had some wire shelves. I needed more in a walk-in closet for
stuff like folded shirts, sweaters, shoes, etc. Get a small bolt
cutter to cut the shelves to the proper length. Be generous with
mounting hardware, braces, etc. I got all my stuff at Lowes, though
Home Depot should carry the stuff as well. My local hardware store
also had some stuff. Plan carefully so that you get all the right
stuff, and save some trips.

Posted to alt.home.repair
DJH DJH is offline

For wire rack shelves, are the sliding adjustable ones not as strong as
the one piece ones that you have to cut to length?

A/C systems Dottie Home Repair 12 October 21st 07 05:14 AM
Car-ac-systems knjaz Home Repair 3 September 13th 07 08:13 PM
Folding door systems (eg. ID-Systems, Sunseeker, etc ..) [email protected] UK diy 2 July 6th 06 12:28 AM
help converting a (adjustable) shelf into a pull out shelf harsh Woodworking 2 June 13th 06 10:59 PM