DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Chain Link Fencing Systems (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/239043-chain-link-fencing-systems.html)

DJH March 20th 08 02:17 PM

Chain Link Fencing Systems

Hello,

I wanted to put up a chain link fence in the back yard. The purpose of
this fence is mainly for security. I will have my 2 year old boy play in
the back yard and want to keep child predators, rabid raccoons, dogs and
such out.

What are your recommendations on the type of chain link fencing. I will
more than likely go with the standard 2" mesh and 6 feet hight. But for
everything else I would like some recommendations in terms of zinc
coatings, gauge, fittings quality, personal experiences, horror stories
etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

[email protected] March 20th 08 05:16 PM

Chain Link Fencing Systems

On Mar 20, 8:17�am, DJH wrote:
Hello,

I wanted to put up a chain link fence in the back yard. The purpose of
this fence is mainly for security. I will have my 2 year old boy play in
the back yard and want to keep child predators, rabid raccoons, dogs and
such out.

What are your recommendations on the type of chain link fencing. I will
more than likely go with the standard 2" mesh and 6 feet hight. But for
everything else I would like some recommendations in terms of zinc
coatings, gauge, fittings quality, personal experiences, horror stories
etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

chain link bad choice for little kids....... their feet fit in the 2
inch mesh making a perfect climbing wall.

small mesh or mesh with privacy inserts, or if its tempoprary plain
wire mesh works well. theirt feet dont fit well:)

neighbor kids could climb my fence faster than i could open gate

Oren[_2_] March 20th 08 09:40 PM

Chain Link Fencing Systems

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 09:17:15 -0400, DJH wrote:

Hello,

I wanted to put up a chain link fence in the back yard. The purpose of
this fence is mainly for security. I will have my 2 year old boy play in
the back yard and want to keep child predators, rabid raccoons, dogs and
such out.

Check you local child molester web site for predators near you. To
keep dogs from going under the fence, secure the bottom with anchors
- like re-bar or concrete. Don't leave trash canisters as a raccoon
invitation.

Finally, stay with the child when he is in the yard.