Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to repair scratched CD at the home [crashed]

This is one of the most effective ways of how to repair scratched CD,
which is not reading by your cd-rom drive. However, please be very
careful, it can be very risky and very dangerous both for you and your
disk.

http://mocii.com/2007/12/25/how-to-r...-the-home.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
This is one of the most effective ways of how to repair scratched CD,
which is not reading by your cd-rom drive. However, please be very
careful, it can be very risky and very dangerous both for you and your
disk.

http://mocii.com/2007/12/25/how-to-r...-the-home.html

In the unlikely event that there is someone STUPID enough to try this,

Let me say Do not do it.

If you need to clean a CD use Windex or a mild detergent like Joy or Dawn,
rinse and then dry with a soft cloth.

--
Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 19, 5:37 pm, "Colbyt" wrote:
wrote in message

This is one of the most effective ways of how to repair scratched CD,
which is not reading by your cd-rom drive. However, please be very
careful, it can be very risky and very dangerous both for you and your
disk.

http://mocii.com/2007/12/25/how-to-r...-the-home.html

In the unlikely event that there is someone STUPID enough to try this,

Let me say Do not do it.

Heh. Really?!

"This is one of the most effective ways of how to repair scratched CD,
which is not reading by your cd-rom drive. However, please be very
careful, it can be very risky and very dangerous both for you and your
disk.

For this you will need:
1. Gas stove
2. Soft towel (preferably cotton)
3. A little water
4. Fork

Step 1. Stipulate fork in the CD drive. Need to be inserted two prongs
of fork in the center of your disk. Make sure that fork not scratch
the CD, it should be a smooth and well fixed.

Step 2. Gently heat the disk in a small fire. Should be very cautious,
because one wrong movement could damage the CD. Slowly rotate CD-rom
over the burner to heating equally from all directions.
CD should take the bit in the middle and at the edges, but if CD will
be overheated,it will not work.

Step 3. Boil the disk, then pull CD in warm water for 5 minutes to
bend uneven edges, and cover lid.
Using forks take CD from the water, put it on a towel and wipe smooth
movements from the middle to the edges.

Voilą. The disk again "like a new"

As can be seen, after boiling in water disk is so deformed that even
with strong desire it will be hard to put CD-ROM in CD-Drive. Probably
poor quality CD has been used, or we did some things wrong, whether it
was not wiped clockwise, but perhaps even form of the CD remain
unchanged, data from it will be difficult to retrieve."

If you need to clean a CD use Windex or a mild detergent like Joy or Dawn,
rinse and then dry with a soft cloth."

-

What the **** have you been doing with *your* optical media...?!
-----

- gpsman
Posted to alt.home.repair
Doc Doc is offline

Don't see how you can go wrong with such clear directions.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.cd-rom

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 20:04:21 -0700 (PDT), Doc wrote:
http://mocii.com/2007/12/25/how-to-r...-the-home.html
Don't see how you can go wrong with such clear directions.

The fork. Why didn't I think of that fork!

And to think, I've been stipulating toothpaste on my scratched CDs for
years!

http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Scratched-CD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 07:48:07 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

This is one of the most effective ways of how to repair scratched CD,
which is not reading by your cd-rom drive. However, please be very
careful, it can be very risky and very dangerous both for you and your
disk.

http://mocii.com/2007/12/25/how-to-r...-the-home.html

I have serious doubts this would work. I wash the disc with
dishwashing detergent. If that does work, my last resort is Brasso
for *very* scratched discs. Wipe from hub to edge only.

can you repair scratched Marley tiles? martin UK diy 1 October 2nd 07 12:27 PM
Home repair yes, home security light, not bright-update Spike Home Repair 1 December 20th 05 12:26 PM
Home repair yes, home security light, not bright! Spike Home Repair 6 December 20th 05 01:46 AM
Computer crashed Gerald Woodworking 3 August 23rd 04 08:53 PM
Home Repair Answer Quality Repair Needed Nehmo Sergheyev Home Repair 6 May 3rd 04 03:22 PM