DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Your Opinion Of Husqvarna Lawn Tractor (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/238713-your-opinion-husqvarna-lawn-tractor.html)

Jack March 18th 08 04:53 PM

Your Opinion Of Husqvarna Lawn Tractor

You just cannot find lawn tractors today in the 16-18 hp range with
wide decks. The decks are 44 at best, and most are 42. Back in the
day, I had several 16 hp. IHs with 50 decks, and now have an aging 18
Cub with 48.

So I'm looking at a 23 hp Husqvana with 50 deck. Any opinions?

S. Barker March 18th 08 06:30 PM

Your Opinion Of Husqvarna Lawn Tractor

The reason you're experiencing this phenomenom is that the HP ratings are
not the same as the old days. Today's 23 might be lucky to actually put out
18. They are all overrated. The other reason is that 18 REAL HP would be
the bare minumum to run a 48" deck properly.

You'd be best off looking at the Exmark products . You'll get more mower
for the buck.

steve

dpb March 18th 08 10:04 PM

S. Barker wrote:
The reason you're experiencing this phenomenom is that the HP ratings are
not the same as the old days. ...

What's happened to horses???

Oren[_2_] March 19th 08 10:09 PM

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 16:04:32 -0500, dpb wrote:

S. Barker wrote:
The reason you're experiencing this phenomenom is that the HP ratings are
not the same as the old days. ...

What's happened to horses???

They now call them 'peak horses' ??

dpb March 19th 08 11:06 PM

S. Barker wrote:
The reason you're experiencing this phenomenom is that the HP ratings are
not the same as the old days. ...

What's happened to horses???

They now call them 'peak horses' ??

I've only seen that on electric motors, not on gasoline...

dpb March 19th 08 11:32 PM

dpb wrote:
Oren wrote:

They now call them 'peak horses' ??

I've only seen that on electric motors, not on gasoline...

That was my guess as what was meant, too, but there's really nothing
comparable--at least w/ the electric motors there is the difference
between rms and peak voltage so while its bogus there is a logical
(however perverted) behind it. For internal combustion, not so much...

dpb March 20th 08 12:44 AM

Your Opinion Of Husqvarna Lawn Tractor

It might depend on the RPM of the engine as it relates to the stated horsepower.

Engine hp is given at some specific rpm...