Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Loose deadbolt bezel

I have a Stanley, French door with an Arrow (?!) lockset and deadbolt. The
deadbolt (DB) is loose and the bezel will turn but not tighten. On the
interior side of the DB are two steel pins which are below the level of the
brass colored bezel. I tried prying the interior side bezel as well as
turning but nothing has changed. Are any of you familiar with this
construction and how to correct it? The last time this happened I called a
locksmith who repaired it while I was away. It can't be that hard but I'm
lost. As always, TIA!
Chuck

Posted to alt.home.repair

"C & E" wrote in message
I have a Stanley, French door with an Arrow (?!) lockset and deadbolt.

The
deadbolt (DB) is loose and the bezel will turn but not tighten. On the
interior side of the DB are two steel pins which are below the level of

the
brass colored bezel. I tried prying the interior side bezel as well as
turning but nothing has changed. Are any of you familiar with this
construction and how to correct it? The last time this happened I called

locksmith who repaired it while I was away. It can't be that hard but I'm
lost. As always, TIA!
Chuck

If it is the Arrow I am thinking of, the inside rose has a disk that turns
when you turn the inside key and when you turn the key the screw holes will
be exposed. A #1 Phillips can then be inserted in the holes to snug up the
screws.

--
Roger Shoaf

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joy Joy is offline

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 00:34:12 -0400, Roger Shoaf
wrote:

"C & E" wrote in message
[...]

Chuck -
I can't figure out what you are talking about.
Any chance you can point me to a picture?
Put one on some website and post the link or find a good picture already
on the web.

Joy

Weatherproofing a lock or deadbolt Stormin Mormon Home Repair 0 March 15th 07 04:09 PM
deadbolt Patt Home Repair 10 March 14th 07 11:01 PM
Removing dial bezel on silver Trav A Dial? Jon Anderson Metalworking 3 September 16th 04 12:58 AM
Deadbolt metal door Joseph Meehan Home Repair 3 August 21st 04 12:54 AM
Baldwin DBL Deadbolt???? cm Home Repair 5 August 5th 04 06:12 PM