DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   where to buy outdoor RG6 cable box? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/238590-where-buy-outdoor-rg6-cable-box.html)

[email protected] March 17th 08 10:36 PM

where to buy outdoor RG6 cable box?

Where can I buy a cable box, like the Leviton structured media
enclosure, but for outdoor use?

I don't need anything as fancy as that, but just a large enough box
that I can keep all the splitters and connectors protected from
weather.

Thanks!

Raymond

John Grabowski March 17th 08 11:14 PM

wrote in message ...

Where can I buy a cable box, like the Leviton structured media
enclosure, but for outdoor use?

I don't need anything as fancy as that, but just a large enough box
that I can keep all the splitters and connectors protected from
weather.

Thanks!

Raymond

An electrical supply company would have weatherproof pull and junction boxes
in various sizes.

[email protected] March 17th 08 11:29 PM

wrote:

Where can I buy a cable box, like the Leviton structured media
enclosure, but for outdoor use?

Home Depot sells the grey gasketed Carlon boxes in various sizes. Use
cord connectors with grommets and make all entries from the bottom.
They should stay very dry.
You could be able to do OK just sealing the entries with duct seal if
you don't want to buy the connectors

Great! I'll go take a look today. Will it be in the same area where
they sell electrical boxes?

Thanks!

Raymond