DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT? - A Reliable Long Distance Provider (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/238585-ot-reliable-long-distance-provider.html)

Peetie Wheatstraw March 17th 08 09:55 PM

OT? - A Reliable Long Distance Provider

I don't use LD much. Maybe 15 min. per month. All domestic US.

ATT jacked my flat fee about 300% not long ago and I flushed 'em.

Actually signed up for TCI, but found them to be more-or-less
totally dysfunctional.

Now without a LD provider. Open to suggestions as to a reliable
vendor, hopefully that will refund the LD connect fees. I do
not require the lowest per-min. rate.

Thx,
Peetie

John Grabowski March 17th 08 10:19 PM

"Peetie Wheatstraw" wrote in message

I don't use LD much. Maybe 15 min. per month. All domestic US.

ATT jacked my flat fee about 300% not long ago and I flushed 'em.

Actually signed up for TCI, but found them to be more-or-less
totally dysfunctional.

Now without a LD provider. Open to suggestions as to a reliable
vendor, hopefully that will refund the LD connect fees. I do
not require the lowest per-min. rate.

My father found that calling cards are the cheapest for him. He doesn't
call long distance much either so it wasn't worth it to get an LD plan.

Puddin' Man March 17th 08 10:32 PM

OT? - A Reliable Long Distance Provider

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 17:19:42 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 15:55:44 -0600, Peetie Wheatstraw
wrote:

I don't use LD much. Maybe 15 min. per month. All domestic US.

ATT jacked my flat fee about 300% not long ago and I flushed 'em.

Actually signed up for TCI, but found them to be more-or-less
totally dysfunctional.

Now without a LD provider. Open to suggestions as to a reliable
vendor, hopefully that will refund the LD connect fees. I do
not require the lowest per-min. rate.

Thx,
Peetie

Most Cell Phone plans do not charge extra for long distance. Minutz iz minutz!

Sorry, shouda mentioned.

I am strictly land-line. Cell phone is mouldering in basement, and it's
gonna stay there.

Peetie

"Blues starts to rolling ...
stops at my front do'.
I'm gonna change my way of livin' ...
won't have to worry no mo'."
- from "Blues Before Sunrise", Leroy Carr, maybe 1934

Ken[_6_] March 17th 08 10:56 PM

wrote:

[...]

Can't you use a calling card instead of signing up with a carrier? For
15 minutest that would be the way to go if possible.

Peetie Wheatstraw March 17th 08 11:11 PM

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 18:19:12 -0400, "John Grabowski" wrote:

"Peetie Wheatstraw" wrote in message
.. .

I don't use LD much. Maybe 15 min. per month. All domestic US.

ATT jacked my flat fee about 300% not long ago and I flushed 'em.

Actually signed up for TCI, but found them to be more-or-less
totally dysfunctional.

Now without a LD provider. Open to suggestions as to a reliable
vendor, hopefully that will refund the LD connect fees. I do
not require the lowest per-min. rate.

My father found that calling cards are the cheapest for him. He doesn't
call long distance much either so it wasn't worth it to get an LD plan.

When you say "calling cards", are you talking about the prepaid
calling cards that are commonly sold in discount and other retail
stores?

Thx,
Peetie

dpb March 17th 08 11:38 PM

Peetie Wheatstraw wrote:
When you say "calling cards", are you talking about the prepaid
calling cards that are commonly sold in discount and other retail
stores?

That would be my presumption, yes...

Ludger Wolf March 17th 08 11:58 PM

OT? - A Reliable Long Distance Provider

"Peetie Wheatstraw" wrote in message
. ..

My father found that calling cards are the cheapest for him. He doesn't
call long distance much either so it wasn't worth it to get an LD plan.

When you say "calling cards", are you talking about the prepaid
calling cards that are commonly sold in discount and other retail
stores?

There are also some on the web like onesuite.com. You prepay here too,
it's valid for 6month (min $10) and you can call a 1-800 or in many
areas a local access# (cheaper). They don't have a connection fee and
you don't have to pinch in your pin every time, if you setup your
account with your phone#. The other features I like are their webphone
for use on the computer and the chance to set shortcuts for your most
dialed phone#.

I use them for quite a while now

Ludger

Rudy March 18th 08 01:29 AM

OT? - A Reliable Long Distance Provider

YAK is good. No fees 5 cents a minute..USA & Canada
Billing comes on your reg phone bill

Dial 10-10-925-Areacode-number

www.yak.com

S. Barker March 18th 08 01:52 AM

OT? - A Reliable Long Distance Provider

LD is free with a wireless solution. Try it on sometime.
www.verizonwireless.com