Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cracks in Basement Cinderblock

I recently had a waterproofing system installed (interior french
drain). After this job I noticed a few small cracks in the cinderblock
walls, near the bottom corners of the basement.

I cannot be certain if these cracks were not already there before the
job, or, maybe they were there but were made worse by the
jackhammering.

In any case, what do I do? Should I be concerned about possible damage
to the foundation? Could these cracks get worse if I don't do
anything? I do not see any water seeping through during heavy rains,
even when the system is pumping out lots of water.

If there is something to be done, what does it entail, and what kind
of contractor should I be looking for?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 17, 11:58�am, DaveR wrote:
I recently had a waterproofing system installed (interior french
drain). After this job I noticed a few small cracks in the cinderblock
walls, near the bottom corners of the basement.

I cannot be certain if these cracks were not already there before the
job, or, maybe they were there but were made worse by the
jackhammering.

In any case, what do I do? Should I be concerned about possible damage
to the foundation? Could these cracks get worse if I don't do
anything? I do not see any water seeping through during heavy rains,
even when the system is pumping out lots of water.

If there is something to be done, what does it entail, and what kind
of contractor should I be looking for?

you should seal them but doont worry, interior french drains usually
put holes in each cavtity of the bottom block so water cant get
trapped in blocks and come thru walls. as long as the cracks dont
start getting larger forget about it