Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Foam Sealer

I have come here before for helpful info.... so what my question now
is... I had about a year ago used a foam that tuned beige in color
between the end of a kitchen counter that did not meet the wall. I was
new at using this & did not know that it was going to harden like a
rock. What I want to know is... how would I be able to remove it? I
pressed the lever of the foam can lightly & while holding it brought the
can down to the floor while pressing the lever & enough to get the foam
to be about an inçh or so thick. Thanks for any info. ..Mindy

Posted to alt.home.repair

".-.MINDY.-." wrote in message
I have come here before for helpful info.... so what my question now
is... I had about a year ago used a foam that tuned beige in color
between the end of a kitchen counter that did not meet the wall. I was
new at using this & did not know that it was going to harden like a
rock. What I want to know is... how would I be able to remove it? I
pressed the lever of the foam can lightly & while holding it brought the
can down to the floor while pressing the lever & enough to get the foam
to be about an inçh or so thick. Thanks for any info. ..Mindy

The true foam sealant is not rock-like at all. Hard to the touch, yes, but
easy enough to trim with a knife.
Did you use a different product? If you find it online (or at the store
where you bought it), you will get better advice.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 17, 12:16 pm, (.-.MINDY.-.) wrote:
I have come here before for helpful info.... so what my question now
is... I had about a year ago used a foam that tuned beige in color
between the end of a kitchen counter that did not meet the wall. I was
new at using this & did not know that it was going to harden like a
rock. What I want to know is... how would I be able to remove it? I
pressed the lever of the foam can lightly & while holding it brought the
can down to the floor while pressing the lever & enough to get the foam
to be about an inçh or so thick. Thanks for any info. ..Mindy

Expanding foam is a polyisocyanurate foam, not caulking, and it does
get rather hard. It also is not UV stable and that's why it turns
color. You can't use caulk in a gap that large. You need to cut a
piece of wood to fit int he gap or use some trim to cover it.

The best way to remove the foam is to dig it out with a chisel or
screwdriver - really any tool will do. Use a sharp tool to clean up
the edges. You'll find out that the stuff is pretty tenacious and
won't let go easily. Take your time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

".-.MINDY.-." wrote in message
I have come here before for helpful info.... so what my question now
is... I had about a year ago used a foam that tuned beige in color
between the end of a kitchen counter that did not meet the wall. I was
new at using this & did not know that it was going to harden like a
rock. What I want to know is... how would I be able to remove it? I
pressed the lever of the foam can lightly & while holding it brought the
can down to the floor while pressing the lever & enough to get the foam
to be about an inçh or so thick. Thanks for any info. ..Mindy

It skins over with a hard surface. It can be cut with a hacksaw blade.
Don't know what kind of a space you need to doctor up. You might be able to
cover it with a strip of wood or metal and have it look half decent. If
not, as Ricodjour suggests, clean it out and cut a strip to fit.

Steve

Best Sealer TheScullster UK diy 3 September 14th 07 09:46 AM
Carpet Pad: Memory foam versus non-memory foam? [email protected] Home Repair 2 December 7th 05 05:15 AM
Sealer Choice 15 Stone Sealer Question miamicuse Home Repair 4 October 4th 05 03:48 PM
New Deck Sealer Over Thompsons Wax Based Sealer: O.K. To Do ? Robert11 Home Repair 3 February 23rd 05 03:59 PM
MDF sealer? AAvK Woodworking 10 October 15th 04 03:06 PM