Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default 2.4v lightbulb for 2 AA batteries?

I bought a flashlight that came with two spare bulbs, that say on them
2.4v. So does the one in the flashlight. The flashlight uses two
batteries in series, and I thought that should be 3 volts. Is this
"normal" or is the bulb going to burn out quickly? Or what?
Posted to alt.home.repair

mm wrote:
I bought a flashlight that came with two spare bulbs, that say on them
2.4v. So does the one in the flashlight. The flashlight uses two
batteries in series, and I thought that should be 3 volts. Is this
"normal" or is the bulb going to burn out quickly? Or what?

Hi,
No problem with those bulbs. You'll never see 3.0V bulbs in two battery
flash light. If you you had 3.0V bulb soon it'll dim as voltage drops.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 21:57:50 -0400, mm
wrote:

I bought a flashlight that came with two spare bulbs, that say on them
2.4v. So does the one in the flashlight. The flashlight uses two
batteries in series, and I thought that should be 3 volts. Is this
"normal" or is the bulb going to burn out quickly? Or what?

That's the way they come. It works. If it doesn't work get a refund.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , mm wrote:

I bought a flashlight that came with two spare bulbs, that say on them
2.4v. So does the one in the flashlight. The flashlight uses two
batteries in series, and I thought that should be 3 volts. Is this
"normal" or is the bulb going to burn out quickly? Or what?

Flashlight bulbs are normally rated for about 1.2-1.25 volts per cell,
so as to achieve full brightness when the batteries are in, in my words,
"average condition". There is also some consideration for "average"
internal resistance of the batteries.

- Don Klipstein )
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 16, 5:32*am, mm wrote:
On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 02:22:04 +0000 (UTC), (Don

Klipstein) wrote:
In article , mm wrote:

I bought a flashlight that came with two spare bulbs, that say on them
2.4v. *So does the one in the flashlight. *The flashlight uses two
batteries in series, and I thought that should be 3 volts. *Is this
"normal" or is the bulb going to burn out quickly? *Or what? *

*Flashlight bulbs are normally rated for about 1.2-1.25 volts per cell,
so as to achieve full brightness when the batteries are in, in my words,
"average condition". *There is also some consideration for "average"
internal resistance of the batteries.

Thanks to all of you. *(I wonder why I never noticed this before.)

- Don Klipstein )- Hide quoted text -

Agree: With ordinary/regular batteries by the time the electricity
comes out it will have encountered some internal resistance within the
battery itself. So over the life of the battery the voltage will be
somewhere below the nominal 1.5 volts per cell, (3.0 volts for two).
Very large batteries may have lower voltage dop, especially on small
loads.
Posted to alt.home.repair

re; the 2.4v bulb- meant for rechargeables? nicads/nimh Pat

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 08:54:41 -0700, "patrick mitchel"
wrote:

re; the 2.4v bulb- meant for rechargeables? nicads/nimh Pat

This flashlight is far too cheap for them to expect rechargeable
batteries to be used. I haven't looked in any other flashlights, but
come to think of it, I don't have any designed but cheap flashlights.

GLS lightbulb storage jim UK diy 40 October 2nd 07 04:20 PM
Lightbulb popped, now won't work Chaviva Home Ownership 9 April 28th 07 12:40 AM
Lightbulb question [email protected] UK diy 15 February 23rd 07 05:33 PM
The Self-Healing Lightbulb [email protected] Home Repair 16 January 27th 06 06:08 PM
Lightbulb paint Matt Home Repair 5 May 19th 05 02:50 AM