Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gtooving concrete

On Mar 15, 1:44 pm, "SteveB" wrote:
I want to cut some grooves in concrete to help drain some areas where the
concrete man had low spots. These grooves would be about 1/4" deep and
wide. I was thinking of using a diamond blade on a SkilSaw, and turning it
45, and running it along a 2x4 fence with bricks to hold the end down. Is
there an easier better way?

Yep - use the right blade in an angle grinder. Google "crack chaser
diamond blade". You can get them on eBay for ~$30. Rig up a rolling
platform with an old roller skate and some band clamps or zip ties to
control the depth. Attach a handle if you have a lot of it to do so
you're not on your knees in the dust/sludge.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 09:44:18 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:

I want to cut some grooves in concrete to help drain some areas where the
concrete man had low spots. These grooves would be about 1/4" deep and
wide. I was thinking of using a diamond blade on a SkilSaw, and turning it
45, and running it along a 2x4 fence with bricks to hold the end down. Is
there an easier better way?

Steve

Recently watch some guys making relief cuts in driveways. They used a
long steel straight edge, diamond blade and the cric saw had a rolling
mount attached.

http://www.tfiinc.com/pearl/images/blade_roller.jpg

....Blade Roller™ for 7" Circular Saws
The Blade Roller™ is a removable rolling platform for your circular
saw. Literally turn your handheld saw into a miniature concrete saw in
seconds! Thus, eliminating the need for costly and heavy concrete
saws. Attaching the Blade Roller™ is a breeze... no tools required!
Made of high-strength, lightweight aluminum, the Blade Roller™ is
extremely durable.

Cut concrete, marble and granite with precision accuracy and ease of
motion. Non-marking wheels protect your project from marring while the
saw travels along the material. It allows for a cleaner and more
controllable cut than conventional methods. Demolition has never been
easier! Score your lines and break away! Fabrication or demolition,
the Blade Roller™ is a contractor's best friend.

Posted to alt.home.repair

SteveB wrote:

I want to cut some grooves in concrete to help drain some areas where the
concrete man had low spots. These grooves would be about 1/4" deep and
wide. I was thinking of using a diamond blade on a SkilSaw, and turning it
45, and running it along a 2x4 fence with bricks to hold the end down. Is
there an easier better way?

Steve

Self leveling concrete resurfacer. Correct the problem, don't band-aid
it.