Posted to alt.home.repair
KOS KOS is offline

Default reciprocating saw question- probelm with blade

Hi, I just bought a Ryobi rec- saw... When I use it sometimes the
blade comes out of the unit and gets stock in the wood. I then have to
remove the blade and re- insert into the machine..; Has anyone had
problems like this and why is this happening? THANKS!
KOS
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 14:55:22 -0700 (PDT), KOS
wrote:

Hi, I just bought a Ryobi rec- saw... When I use it sometimes the
blade comes out of the unit and gets stock in the wood. I then have to
remove the blade and re- insert into the machine..; Has anyone had
problems like this and why is this happening? THANKS!
KOS

I had this problem with a Bosch cordless recep saw, that's part of the
kit. There was a faulty (missing) piece that retained the blade, so it
fell out. Came out of the box like that.

I took it to a local authorized dealer and he fixed in a few minutes.
There was no cost. They did record the serial number for the saw as it
was a warranty fix.

Posted to alt.home.repair

KOS wrote:

Hi, I just bought a Ryobi rec- saw... When I use it sometimes the
blade comes out of the unit and gets stock in the wood. I then have to
remove the blade and re- insert into the machine..; Has anyone had
problems like this and why is this happening? THANKS!
KOS

Hi,
I never had that kinda trouble. Mine is Milwaukee.
I always puchase best I can afford and keep it long time.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"KOS" wrote in message
Hi, I just bought a Ryobi rec- saw... When I use it sometimes the
blade comes out of the unit and gets stock in the wood. I then have to
remove the blade and re- insert into the machine..; Has anyone had
problems like this and why is this happening? THANKS!
KOS

I had a Ryobi reciprocating saw before and I didn't realize it had an
aluminum chuck? (not sure if that's what it's called) and I over tightened
the screw and stripped out the chuck which deemed the thing useless. I guess
it didn't help that I was using it to cut through 2 layers of shingles and
half inch plywood when I did that..

Posted to alt.home.repair

"KOS" wrote in message
Hi, I just bought a Ryobi rec- saw... When I use it sometimes the
blade comes out of the unit and gets stock in the wood. I then have to
remove the blade and re- insert into the machine..; Has anyone had
problems like this and why is this happening? THANKS!
KOS

This can happen but the fix is easy. The problem lies in the part under the
Ryobi name plate. Get the recip saw that is red and says Milwaukee on the
side.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"KOS" wrote in message
Hi, I just bought a Ryobi rec- saw... When I use it sometimes the
blade comes out of the unit and gets stock in the wood. I then have to
remove the blade and re- insert into the machine..; Has anyone had
problems like this and why is this happening? THANKS!
KOS

I had two Ryobi recip saws and non had this problem. My problem with it is
that its under powered and the gear box will strip a gear eventually. I have
cut 1" thick steel plates with the Ryobi, a little slow going but without
problem.

I've replaced the two Ryobies with a Milwaukee Super Sawall and a Porter
Cable Tiger Saw. The difference compare to the Ryobi is like night and day
but cost more $$. My blade came out once with the Tiger Saw but it did
happen again.