Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mold Test Positve After 10 Days

I purchased a Mold Test Kit for my basement. I put it there for the 72
to 96 hours it instructed. I did not see mold. However, I did see a
few dots show up that might have been mold. Thus, ten days have passed
(240 hours) and mold showed up where one of the dots were!!! Someone
else said I should not be alarmed since mold would show up anywhere
after having a liquid lie still for so long.

We had a bad flood last year. This person said she bleached behind the
walls and there was no mold. I sure hope she is right. Since the
basement was been redone I caught pneumonia twice! But that might be
because I work out outside since then.

Should we be alarmed? Or would mold show up anyway after a tester was
lying there for so long?

Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 11, 8:01*pm, Healthy Stealthy
wrote:
I purchased a Mold Test Kit for my basement. I put it there for the 72
to 96 hours it instructed. I did not see mold. However, I did see a
few dots show up that might have been mold. Thus, ten days have passed
(240 hours) and mold showed up where one of the dots were!!! * Someone
else said I should not be alarmed since mold would show up anywhere
after having a liquid lie still for so long.

We had a bad flood last year. This person said she bleached behind the
walls and there was no mold. I sure hope she is right. *Since the
basement was been redone I caught pneumonia twice! But that might be
because I work out outside since then.

Should we be alarmed? *Or would mold show up anyway after a tester was
lying there for so long?

Thanks

what is the humidity
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I purchased a Mold Test Kit for my basement. I put it there for the 72
to 96 hours it instructed. I did not see mold. However, I did see a
few dots show up that might have been mold. Thus, ten days have passed
(240 hours) and mold showed up where one of the dots were!!! Someone
else said I should not be alarmed since mold would show up anywhere
after having a liquid lie still for so long.

We had a bad flood last year. This person said she bleached behind the
walls and there was no mold. I sure hope she is right. Since the
basement was been redone I caught pneumonia twice! But that might be
because I work out outside since then.

Should we be alarmed? Or would mold show up anyway after a tester was
lying there for so long?

Thanks

what is the humidity

It's been cold! I don't really know how bad the humidity is. Someone
ran a dehumidifier for a couple of days here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Healthy Stealthy writes:

Should we be alarmed?

Yes. About your judgment and/or mental health.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Healthy Stealthy wrote:
I purchased a Mold Test Kit for my basement. I put it there for the 72
to 96 hours it instructed. I did not see mold. However, I did see a
few dots show up that might have been mold. Thus, ten days have passed
(240 hours) and mold showed up where one of the dots were!!! Someone
else said I should not be alarmed since mold would show up anywhere
after having a liquid lie still for so long.

We had a bad flood last year. This person said she bleached behind the
walls and there was no mold. I sure hope she is right. Since the
basement was been redone I caught pneumonia twice! But that might be
because I work out outside since then.

Should we be alarmed? Or would mold show up anyway after a tester was
lying there for so long?

Study the discovery of Penicillin.

Posted to alt.home.repair

i wouldnt worry about it, mold is everywhere, normally.

its when theres too much inside your home that you have
troubles.......