Posted to alt.home.repair

Default sectional garage door

Hello everybody.
I ordered and received a 5m wide sectional garage door from China.i
have all the hardware but NO assembly instruction.
The door is made of 4 panels, i have curved rails, strait rails, 2
springs, a lot of hinges, rolls and screws. Does any one have an
assembly manual for such a gate?
Many thanks in advance. Best regards. Rudy in the Philippines.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I don't have a manual but installation is usually done by stacking the
door panel on top of each other (as if the door is closed). Support
them in place with nails or screws on both left and right ends
securely as you go up. Once the door panels are in place, then
assemble the vertical tracks on both sides. Once in place, assemble
the hinges and wheels into the tracks. Now that you are to this
point, the door should be fully self supporting within the tracks.
Next assemble the curved and horizontal tracks and support them. You
are now done except for the spring assembly and it's very very tricky
and dangerous if done wrong. You may want to call a professional to
do the spring part. That is about all I know. Good luk
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 10, 9:38*pm, wrote:
Hello everybody.
I ordered and received a 5m wide sectional garage door from China.i
have all the hardware but NO assembly instruction.
The door is made of 4 panels, i have curved rails, strait rails, 2
springs, a lot of hinges, rolls and screws. Does any one have an
assembly manual for such a gate?
Many thanks in advance. Best regards. Rudy in the Philippines.

Those Dam Chinese manuals, that dont exist or arn`t understandable, I
have one for FREE, but its in Chinese.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 21:21:38 -0700 (PDT), ransley
wrote:

Those Dam Chinese manuals, that dont exist or arn`t understandable, I
have one for FREE, but its in Chinese.

I've never been able to understand Japanese Arithmetic,

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11 mar, 12:21, ransley wrote:
On Mar 10, 9:38 pm, wrote:

Hello everybody.
I ordered and received a 5m widesectionalgaragedoorfrom China.i
have all the hardware but NO assembly instruction.
Thedooris made of 4 panels, i have curved rails, strait rails, 2
springs, a lot of hinges, rolls and screws. Does any one have an
assembly manual for such a gate?
Many thanks in advance. Best regards. Rudy in the Philippines.

Those Dam Chinese manuals, that dont exist or arn`t understandable, I
have one for FREE, but its in Chinese.

Hello George the Jones, Oren, Ransley, Many thanks for your
informations and advices. Dear Ransley I have some chineses friends
around, I would be interested in the manual, Can you scan it for me?
Many thanks in advance, Best regards. Rudy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 10, 10:38 pm, wrote:

The door is made of 4 panels, i have curved rails, strait rails, 2
springs, a lot of hinges, rolls and screws. Does any one have an
assembly manual for such a gate?

First, loosely install the rails. The curved ones go where the door
will transition from vertical to horizontal.

Loosely assemble the door panel hardware and rollers.

Install the panels from bottom to top and affix to each other.

Tighten and adjust hardware to fit and operate smoothly.

Install the springs and adjust the tension to where the door will
remain in place wherever you stop lifting it.

If difficulties ensue, cuss the Chinese who made it, or the cheap
******* who bought it, as required.
-----

- gpsman