DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   gas clothes dryer (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/236865-gas-clothes-dryer.html)

[email protected] March 9th 08 02:38 PM

gas clothes dryer

Need a little help....Glow plug ignitor is getting AC but it wasn't
getting red, ordered a new one and tested it without the drum or gas
raceway installed and it began to glow red. Put the dryer back
together and no heat, took apart again and now new glow plug is not
getting red?? My gas valve coils are reading opens with everything
off and unplugged, is that correct? Could the glow plug have arced to
the gas raceway and burnt it out?? Not sure where to go from here.

Cable steve

Joe March 9th 08 04:00 PM

gas clothes dryer

On Mar 9, 9:38*am, wrote:
Need a little help....Glow plug ignitor is getting AC but it wasn't
getting red, ordered a new one and tested it without the drum or gas
raceway installed and it began to glow red. *Put the dryer back
together and no heat, took apart again and now new glow plug is not
getting red?? *My gas valve coils are reading opens with everything
off and unplugged, is that correct? *Could the glow plug have arced to
the gas raceway and burnt it out?? Not sure where to go from here.

Cable steve

Repairclinic.com is your friend.

Joe