DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Kitchen floor unlevel; so bamboo is out; what alternatives? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/236551-kitchen-floor-unlevel%3B-so-bamboo-out%3B-what-alternatives.html)

nano March 7th 08 07:49 AM

Kitchen floor unlevel; so bamboo is out; what alternatives?

We were going to use bamboo for our kitchen floors but the slab turns
out to be a bit cracked and not level. I think bamboo needs a pretty
flat floor...so what are my alternatives?

I could try to level the floor using a flood fill compound and then
trying the bamboo, but I've tried that in other places and the compounds
ended up adding at last 1/2" to the floor. Maybe I can feather from 0"
to whatever, just don't know if it'd hold together?

Cermamic tile, short of a mortar bed, which adds too much thickness, I
think also likes a flat floor.

So that leaves lino, vinyl, cork...what else?