DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Need good outdoor mat (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/236471-need-good-outdoor-mat.html)

[email protected] March 6th 08 04:55 PM

Need good outdoor mat

I have one of those fake grass Astroturf mats and it
works very well for scraping crap of the shoes

But it "catches" dirt as well since the design of the
mat doesn't allow stiff to "fall through".....
especially if I get snow or ice

Anyone have advice on a mat that has some big "holes"
in to allow one to pick it up and shake the snow, ice,
dirt out of it?

JoeSpareBedroom March 6th 08 05:01 PM

Need good outdoor mat

wrote in message
I have one of those fake grass Astroturf mats and it
works very well for scraping crap of the shoes

But it "catches" dirt as well since the design of the
mat doesn't allow stiff to "fall through".....
especially if I get snow or ice

Anyone have advice on a mat that has some big "holes"
in to allow one to pick it up and shake the snow, ice,
dirt out of it?

Home Despot sells some black rubber mats with pointy things that do a good
job of getting off the dirt & snow, but they're far enough apart that it's
very easy to shake clean.

Joe March 6th 08 06:55 PM

Need good outdoor mat

wrote:
I have one of those fake grass Astroturf mats and it
works very well for scraping crap of the shoes

But it "catches" dirt as well since the design of the
mat doesn't allow stiff to "fall through".....
especially if I get snow or ice

Anyone have advice on a mat that has some big "holes"
in to allow one to pick it up and shake the snow, ice,
dirt out of it?

Try some of the offerings available at a janitorial supply store. The
professionals there often have products to make life a lot easier.
Prices will be less than an industrial supply firm and maybe a bit
more than a box store, but pretty good quality in my experience. HTH

Joe