Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Heat Pump Heaving

We had a cold winter here in the midwest, I noticed that my A/C Heat Pump is
really leaning towards the house due to the frozen ground got to figure out
a way to re-level the the thing as soon as it warms up.

Any ideas on how to prevent this in the future, or so its not as severe.

Thanks
Tom

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 5, 6:16*am, "twfsa" wrote:
We had a cold winter here in the midwest, I noticed that my A/C Heat Pump is
really leaning towards the house due to the frozen ground got to figure out
a way to re-level the the thing as soon as it warms up.

Any ideas on how to prevent this in the future, or so its not as severe.

Thanks
Tom

It will likely settle down when the ground thaws out. The reason the
side closest to the house is lower is probably because that is where
the pipes connect to the house and that tends to hold that side of the
slab down as it can't rise up as easily. As soon as you notice the
ground thawing, a few jumps up and down on the edge of the slab that
seems to be the highest should help things along. Where I live, in
the western Chicago suburbs, the road are heaving badly and potholes
are the worst I've seem in 40 years, so your problem is probably very
common.