Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Questions about the Air Chek Radon Testing Kit

Hi. I have some questions about the Air Chek home radon testing kit.

http://www.radon.com/radon/radon_airchek.html

-----

First of all, the instructions say that I have to write my name and
address on the packet, using a waterproof pen.

What is a waterproof pen? Is any felt-tip pen a waterproof pen?

-----

Also, I'm supposed to use the packet's hook to hang the packet at my
normal breathing level.

Am I supposed to somehow hang the packet from my ceiling? What if my
ceiling doesn't have anything from which a packet can hang? Should I
tie one end of a piece of string to the packet's hook, and then tape
the other end of string to the ceiling?

Thanks for any information.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I've done two such tests in my basement.

first test was hung from the ceiling about three feet away from the steps to
go upstairs

Second test was hung 6 ft away from the steps and from a string at a height
of 5'10'' from the floor

BOTH tests proved the same levels +-2

My radon was high and I have to mitigation......above 20 ....That was with
the basement closed off....Now my basement is unfinished and OLD my
foundation is STONE!

SD

Radon...what would you do? Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com Home Repair 40 May 23rd 06 07:03 PM
RADON fish Home Repair 4 June 11th 05 07:46 PM
Laws requiring portable appliance testing and electrical installation testing if any? Z UK diy 9 June 14th 04 11:00 AM