Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Spa / Hot Tub Controls

Does anyone know of a company that makes their hot tub / spa
controller such that it can be programmed to automatically set back
(lower) the temperature should it be left on?

We are evaluating installing a community spa for our HOA and we are
concerned that someone could turn it up and leave it without turning
it back down. It will be outside in the winter and usually only used
on the weekends and we would not like to have it automatically reset
it's temperature after a certain amount of time.

Thanks for your input.
Paul.
Pinetop, AZ
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,
PLMHOA wrote:

Does anyone know of a company that makes their hot tub / spa
controller such that it can be programmed to automatically set back
(lower) the temperature should it be left on?

We are evaluating installing a community spa for our HOA and we are
concerned that someone could turn it up and leave it without turning
it back down. It will be outside in the winter and usually only used
on the weekends and we would not like to have it automatically reset
it's temperature after a certain amount of time.

Thanks for your input.
Paul.
Pinetop, AZ

Well, Paul, put a cover on the thing, and make sure people use it. It
takes *much* too long to heat a spa for every use. You want to keep it
at temp 24/7. Modern, well-insulated spas don't leak much heat except
when they're in use.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 4, 11:11*pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,

*PLMHOA wrote:
Does anyone know of a company that makes their hot tub / spa
controller such that it can be programmed to automatically set back
(lower) the temperature should it be left on?

We are evaluating installing a community spa for our HOA and we are
concerned that someone could turn it up and leave it without turning
it back down. *It will be outside in the winter and usually only used
on the weekends and we would not like to have it automatically reset
it's temperature after a certain amount of time.

Thanks for your input.
Paul.
Pinetop, AZ

Well, Paul, put a cover on the thing, and make sure people use it. *It
takes *much* too long to heat a spa for every use. You want to keep it
at temp 24/7. Modern, well-insulated spas don't leak much heat except
when they're in use.

My spa has a built-in timer that you can set for periods when you want
the spa to come up to temp. I would think you'd find a similar
feature on many spas. However, for electrically heated spas, it
does take a couple of hours to increase the temp a reasonable amount,
like 20 degrees. So, it's useful if there are long periods when you
know it won't be used and have it cycle back up in advance, but as
Smitty says, useless for adjusting on a per use basis.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Can you share with me who makes your spa or spa controller?

My spa has a built-in timer that you can set for periods when you want
the spa to come up to temp. *I would think you'd find a similar
feature on many spas. * *However, for electrically heated spas, it
does take a couple of hours to increase the temp a reasonable amount,
like 20 degrees. *So, it's useful if there are long periods when you
know it won't be used and have it cycle back up in advance, but as
Smitty says, useless for adjusting on a per use basis.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 5, 10:14*am, "Paul." wrote:
Can you share with me who makes your spa or spa controller?

It's a NEMCO who I believe is the manufacturer of both the spa and the
controller and it's about 25 years old. The mechanical type timer
sits on top of the control pack in the eqpt bay under the spa.

I would think any store that specializes in spas and spa repair should
be able to tell you which ones that are currently available have timer
capability.

Freezer controls Davao UK diy 1 July 12th 06 12:01 AM
CH Boiler Controls Jeff UK diy 12 April 1st 06 01:08 AM
Feed Controls? Joe AutoDrill Metalworking 10 March 7th 06 04:07 PM
Where did the controls go???? Jim Poore Electronics Repair 5 February 27th 06 09:57 PM
Boiler controls Dave UK diy 4 December 9th 04 10:10 AM