Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flooring installation question

I am planning on putting a engineered floating hardwood floor in my
family room which has a cement floor. I have baseboard hot water heat
on three wall. Do I need to install transition pieces under the
baseboard heat or can I leave it unfinished since it is out of sight?
The wall the is parallel to the boards is 24 feet in length. The walls
that are perpendicular to the boards are 11 feet. The manufacturer
installation instructuin do not cover this issue.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 4, 4:04�pm, (Malcolm Hoar) wrote:
In article , wrote:

I am planning on putting a engineered floating hardwood floor in my
family room which has a cement floor.

do you EVER have moisture troubles? if so dont put down a good floor.t
ruin it and be a waste of money

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I am planning on putting a engineered floating hardwood floor in my
family room which has a cement floor. I have baseboard hot water heat
on three wall. Do I need to install transition pieces under the
baseboard heat or can I leave it unfinished since it is out of sight?
The wall the is parallel to the boards is 24 feet in length. The walls
that are perpendicular to the boards are 11 feet. The manufacturer
installation instructuin do not cover this issue.

No transition or finish needed. If you are on or below grade, you must
install the barrier first. Just run that close to the wall and when you lay
in the wood, put it as even as you can, but don't worry about perfection
since it is not visible.