Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Farewell.... to much junk in here

.... one more unrelated post in this forum.

I enjoyed reading here, but there is just too much crap in here these days.

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 3/4/2008 9:20 AM Calab said the following:
.... one more unrelated post in this forum.

I enjoyed reading here, but there is just too much crap in here these days.

Thanks for letting us know that you are leaving. If you had just stop
posting without explanation, I might have thought you died.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

"Calab" wrote in message
... one more unrelated post in this forum.

I enjoyed reading here, but there is just too much crap in here these
days.

If you'd learn to use filters and custom views, maybe we could continue to
enjoy your contributions.

wait..... you said reading. Why did you bother to tell us you're not going
to just read????

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Calab" wrote in message
... one more unrelated post in this forum.

I enjoyed reading here, but there is just too much crap in here these
days.

Watch out for that

OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

doorknob ................

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 14:20:22 GMT, "Calab" wrote:

... one more unrelated post in this forum.

I enjoyed reading here, but there is just too much crap in here these days.

Why are your reading so much *crap* in here? Spend more time reading
the good stuff. Can't you ignore threads? I don't filter threads.
ALT.*.* groups are naturally anarchist.

But you won't see this as you have departed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 13:10:04 -0600, wrote:

I could not continue to add filters every day.

http://www.youfail.org/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 4, 4:03*pm, "SteveB" meagain@rockvilleUSA wrote:
wrote in message

On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 14:20:22 GMT, "Calab" wrote:

... one more unrelated post in this forum.

I enjoyed reading here, but there is just too much crap in here these
days.

Don't leave, just killfile all gmail.com addresses. *After checking
the spam addresses, it appears that at least 90% are from gmail. *I
hated to do it, because a few valid and good people got filtered too,
but it had to be done. *I could not continue to add filters every day.
This is a good newsgroup aside from the spamming assholes. *Google
needs to go...... *I personally refuse to use anything from google
anymore. *All they do is support spam. *I am using altavista.com for a
search engine. *They're a better search engine anyhow.

You know, you can see a lot by observing.

Ferinstance:

Subject: *Sex videos with goats using whipped cream

Now, how in the world would someone who sees that subject line be able to
complain about it being in a newsgroup. *This is an exaggeration, but most
spam has similarly obvious subject lines.

Steve- Hide quoted text -

He said he was tired of the crap. Why did you post an example of the
good stuff?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Calab wrote:
... one more unrelated post in this forum.

I enjoyed reading here, but there is just too much crap in here these
days.

Try using Blinky's link

http://improve-usenet.org:80/

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:
On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 13:10:04 -0600, wrote:

I could not continue to add filters every day.

http://www.youfail.org/

blocking macromedia crap was the FIRST filter I added ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 04:43:33 -0600, wrote:

wrote:

I could not continue to add filters every day.

http://www.youfail.org/

blocking macromedia crap was the FIRST filter I added ;-)

You too !!!!!!

I blocked that stuff entirely. Not only does it take too long to
download on my dialup connection but it's an easy way to get spyware.
I have one browser setup that does allow flash media, and I only use
that on youtube for some of their decent videos. I found it easier to
just have a separate browser setup, than to keep toggling flash on and
off.

How are you getting YouTube on usenet?

For a web browser, you can use Firefox with the NoScript extension.
That allows scripts (including Flash) to be enabled on particular
sites but blocked on others.

I also do not generally go to weblinks from newsgroup messages.

Generally safe if you block scripts and don't enter any sensitive
information.

Thats
a spammer trick, and even if it's not spam, I dont have all day to
keep jumping to websites, when people can post the text on a newsgroup
if it's worth saying.

I don't go to unidentified sites, such as there the usenet message
contains NOTHING but a URL or just something meaningless like "cool
site".

If the article is huge, at least they can post
the first paragraph so I can decide if I want to read the whole thing.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"I have found Christian dogma unintelligable. Early
in life I absented myself from Christian assemblies."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Posted to alt.home.repair

"I have found Christian dogma unintelligable. Early
in life I absented myself from Christian assemblies."
-- Benjamin Franklin

Nice quote, but I'm guessing Ben didn't misspell unintelligible.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 07:19:17 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

"I have found Christian dogma unintelligable. Early
in life I absented myself from Christian assemblies."
-- Benjamin Franklin

Nice quote, but I'm guessing Ben didn't misspell unintelligible.

Or complain about such minor issues (note that the word still sounds
the same, and NOT like a different word).
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"I have found Christian dogma unintelligable. Early
in life I absented myself from Christian assemblies."
-- Benjamin Franklin

Nice quote, but I'm guessing Ben didn't misspell unintelligible.

Or complain about such minor issues (note that the word still sounds
the same, and NOT like a different word).

Hey, I'm not complaining. If I wanted to play spelling and grammar cop
on usenet, I'd need more time. But I do like to poke at the occasional
gaff that contains traces of irony.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 4, 9:20*am, "Calab" wrote:
... one more unrelated post in this forum.

I enjoyed reading here, but there is just too much crap in here these days..

Not that I'm counting, but when I opened a.h.r this morning, 20 of the
first 30 messages were spam.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 21:15:29 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

wrote:

"I have found Christian dogma unintelligable. Early
in life I absented myself from Christian assemblies."
-- Benjamin Franklin

Nice quote, but I'm guessing Ben didn't misspell unintelligible.

Or complain about such minor issues (note that the word still sounds
the same, and NOT like a different word).

Hey, I'm not complaining. If I wanted to play spelling and grammar cop
on usenet, I'd need more time. But I do like to poke at the occasional
gaff that contains traces of irony.

Actually it was a MINOR misspelling (since corrected). I did not put
the irony in. That must have come from someplace else.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.comi
"I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early
in life I absented myself from Christian assemblies."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Posted to alt.home.repair

Actually it was a MINOR misspelling (since corrected). I did not put
the irony in. That must have come from someplace else.

Must've come from my brain. Somehow I envision *intelligible* and
*intelligent* as being of the same root. Since the common perception of
Franklin is that he was a man of uncommon intelligence, that's where I
see irony... ah, never mind...
Posted to alt.home.repair

... one more unrelated post in this forum.

I enjoyed reading here, but there is just too much crap in here these days.

Well... I'm back.

Got a new newsreader and I can filter the GoogleGroups crap out. I
just wish there was an automatic way to forward EVERY GoogleGroups
posting to Google.

--
Fight Usenet Spam!!! - http://improve-usenet.org:80/

Want a good newsgroup reader that will filter out GoogleGroups spam?
Try MesNews - http://www.mesnews.net/gb/

H.F sells junk tony stramella Metalworking 19 January 3rd 06 05:52 PM
OT (maybe): farewell DVD Ray L. Volts Electronics Repair 10 November 27th 05 06:55 PM
Junk faxes Cliff Metalworking 0 November 24th 05 01:08 AM
Ashokan Farewell Tom Watson Woodworking 4 April 6th 05 04:13 PM
Jet...Junk? Oregon Woodworking 49 March 9th 04 11:26 PM