Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Free helicopter rides!

"A 15-year-old boy from Hunterdon County suffered second-degree burns this
evening after he put a paint can in a campfire and it exploded, police
said."

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/200...fire_in_r.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 3, 11:29*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
"A 15-year-old boy from Hunterdon County suffered second-degree burns this
evening after he put a paint can in a campfire and it exploded, police
said."

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/200...in_campfire_in...

Many years ago my cousin found an "interesting piece of something"
while hiking and stuck it in his pocket. That night, he decided it
wasn't all that interesting, so he threw it into the campfire. They
did a pretty good job of rebuiliding his knee after the blasting cap
exploded.

Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Mar 3, 11:29 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
"A 15-year-old boy from Hunterdon County suffered second-degree burns this
evening after he put a paint can in a campfire and it exploded, police
said."

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/200...in_campfire_in...

Many years ago my cousin found an "interesting piece of something"
while hiking and stuck it in his pocket. That night, he decided it
wasn't all that interesting, so he threw it into the campfire. They
did a pretty good job of rebuiliding his knee after the blasting cap
exploded.

That brings back childhood memories- no personal injuries or injured
friends, thankfully. I grew up in the sixties (at least the part of
growing up where you can leave the yard, but still have no experience or
common sense.) It was also the era of the major build-outs on the
highway system and suburban sprawl, but before OSHA enforcement and the
nanny-state 'sue everyone' era. Most building sites had no security
perimeter to speak of, and from quitting time till dark, and all day
Sundays, every construction site was treated as a playground by the
neighborhood kids. Every year in school, they had somebody (Fire
Department?) come in and do a demo and leave posters about blasting
caps, and how they were not toys, and how to call an adult or the
authorities if you ever 'found' one, and nobody would get in trouble for
it, yada yada yada.

My father owned a construction company, so little of the presentations
was news to me, but I think the film clips got many of the male
classmates thinking- 'Hey- I gotta get me some of those!'

aem sends...