DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Floor leveler over adhesive, on a slab... (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/235983-floor-leveler-over-adhesive-slab.html)

[email protected] March 3rd 08 01:39 PM

Floor leveler over adhesive, on a slab...

Hi, I have a house on a slab. There was a leak under the slab that
caused it to sag and I'm dealing with that still.

I had mudjacking done, it helped a little and stabilized the worst
area.

In the bathroom I used floor leveler (Level-Quik) to bring that up.

In the room next to the bathroom, there's an area that was not lifted
by the mudjacking. Still have about an inch drop from about 4' from
the wall it shares with the bathroom, to that shared wall.

So I have slab, on the slab is old vinyl tile with wicked adhesive.

Is there anything I can level this with that would stick ? I think I
can probably get the old vinyl tile off, it's fairly solid now. Level-
Quik requires a clean dry concrete base.

Thank you in advance !

[email protected] March 4th 08 01:11 AM

Floor leveler over adhesive, on a slab...

Thank you. I think I'm scr*wed. Have to think about this, may be
able to glue down a thing of luan, then do DAP floor leveler over it.

EXT March 4th 08 05:11 PM

Floor leveler over adhesive, on a slab...

You may be able to remove the adhesive with some type of sand blaster,
possibly using another grit other than sand such as walnut shell. I have
seen adhesive removed from concrete floors using a low volatility solvent.
One should be cautious about sources of ignition keeping an extinguisher
handy and provide lots of ventilation but it may work.