DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bathroom Smells (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/235907-bathroom-smells.html)

Jenny1 March 3rd 08 02:26 AM

Bathroom Smells

My bathroom has had a smell for like 2 months now well its been like that
ever since i moved in my apartment. It has a smell that i dont really know
what to compare it with. It has the smell all day it doesnt go away. It
espically smells really bad after ur done taking a shower and it smells bad
also when i mop the floor. I dont know where its coming from. I thought it
was my shower curtains but i bought some new ones and the smell was still
thier. I clean the bathroom everyday but the smell would still be in thier. I
dont know what else to do!!

Jenny1 March 3rd 08 03:12 AM

Bathroom Smells

I fart too much lol umm i would know what that smells like.. how could i
check if it is a dead thing behind the wall?? I dont know what part its
coming from its by the toilet i think.. not sure
wrote:
My bathroom has had a smell for like 2 months now well its been like that
ever since i moved in my apartment. It has a smell that i dont really know

[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]
thier. I clean the bathroom everyday but the smell would still be in thier. I
dont know what else to do!!

Three things come to mind.
1. Leaking wax ring on the toilet
2. Leaking trap on sink, tub, or whatever else you might have in
there.
3. Dead mouse or other rodent in wall, heat register, etc.

(Or you fart too much) :)

Tim Taylor[_2_] March 3rd 08 03:17 AM

Bathroom Smells

wrote:
My bathroom has had a smell for like 2 months now well its been like that
ever since i moved in my apartment. It has a smell that i dont really know

[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]
thier. I clean the bathroom everyday but the smell would still be in thier. I
dont know what else to do!!

Three things come to mind.
1. Leaking wax ring on the toilet
2. Leaking trap on sink, tub, or whatever else you might have in
there.
3. Dead mouse or other rodent in wall, heat register, etc.

(Or you fart too much) *:)- Hide quoted text -

If its a dead animal....... Just let it be the smell will be gone soon.

Smitty Two March 3rd 08 03:42 AM

Bathroom Smells

In article 80947ddd8649c@uwe, "Jenny1" u41800@uwe wrote:

My bathroom has had a smell for like 2 months now well its been like that
ever since i moved in my apartment. It has a smell that i dont really know
what to compare it with. It has the smell all day it doesnt go away. It
espically smells really bad after ur done taking a shower and it smells bad
also when i mop the floor. I dont know where its coming from. I thought it
was my shower curtains but i bought some new ones and the smell was still
thier. I clean the bathroom everyday but the smell would still be in thier. I
dont know what else to do!!

Had that problem for quite a while in a house I was renting. Finally got
the landlord to pony up for new sheet vinyl, and on tear-out learned
that some moron had used masonite under the old stuff. Yuck. You ever
smelled wet masonite? It's quite distinctive.

Jenny1 March 3rd 08 03:59 AM

Bathroom Smells

im thinking maybe i can ask my landlord to check it out but i just smelled
something in the bathroom and im going to unscrew and see whats back thier i
think the smell is coming from the back of the thing thats screwed behind the
tub hopefully its that

The Midnight Gardener March 3rd 08 05:01 AM

Bathroom Smells

Smitty Two wrote:
My bathroom has had a smell for like 2 months now well its been like that
ever since i moved in my apartment. It has a smell that i dont really know

[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]
thier. I clean the bathroom everyday but the smell would still be in thier. I
dont know what else to do!!

Had that problem for quite a while in a house I was renting. Finally got
the landlord to pony up for new sheet vinyl, and on tear-out learned
that some moron had used masonite under the old stuff. Yuck. You ever
smelled wet masonite? It's quite distinctive.

Let us know when you find the body. Good luck with that.

http://midnightgardener.blogspot.com

Forest Gump March 4th 08 12:02 AM

Bathroom Smells

"Jenny1" u41800@uwe wrote in message news:80947ddd8649c@uwe...
My bathroom has had a smell for like 2 months now well its been like that
ever since i moved in my apartment. It has a smell that i dont really know
what to compare it with. It has the smell all day it doesnt go away. It
espically smells really bad after ur done taking a shower and it smells
bad
also when i mop the floor. I dont know where its coming from. I thought it
was my shower curtains but i bought some new ones and the smell was still
thier. I clean the bathroom everyday but the smell would still be in
thier. I
dont know what else to do!!

Momma always said you have to pull down on that silver handle on the commode
every now and then...

(I LOVE my Jenny!!!!!)

;-]

Oren[_2_] March 4th 08 01:08 AM

Bathroom Smells

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 23:02:05 GMT, "Forest Gump"
wrote:

Momma always said you have to pull down on that silver handle on the commode
every now and then...

(I LOVE my Jenny!!!!!)

;-]

What did say about ****ting on the gunnels of a Shrimp boat?
Oren

Dr. Hardcrab March 4th 08 01:47 AM

Bathroom Smells

wrote:

Momma always said you have to pull down on that silver handle on the
commode
every now and then...

(I LOVE my Jenny!!!!!)

;-]

What did say about ****ting on the gunnels of a Shrimp boat?
Oren

"but yew ain't got no gunnels Lt. Oren....."

Oren[_2_] March 4th 08 02:21 AM

Bathroom Smells

On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 00:47:21 GMT, "Dr. Hardcrab"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Momma always said you have to pull down on that silver handle on the
commode
every now and then...

(I LOVE my Jenny!!!!!)

;-]

What did say about ****ting on the gunnels of a Shrimp boat?
Oren

"but yew ain't got no gunnels Lt. Oren....."

(Watch ME!)

See and hear the Lt. Dan Band.

Oren

Dr. Hardcrab March 4th 08 02:46 AM

Bathroom Smells

"Oren" wrote in message
On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 00:47:21 GMT, "Dr. Hardcrab"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

Momma always said you have to pull down on that silver handle on the
commode
every now and then...

(I LOVE my Jenny!!!!!)

;-]

What did say about ****ting on the gunnels of a Shrimp boat?
Oren

"but yew ain't got no gunnels Lt. Oren....."

(Watch ME!)

"Hmph......she tasted like cigarettes......."

See and hear the Lt. Dan Band.

Oren

Smitty Two March 4th 08 08:05 AM

Bathroom Smells

In article ,
wrote:

On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 18:42:03 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

[...]

Masonite might smell when wet, but why was it wet?
Something was leaking.

Yep, as things tend to do in my imperfect world. That's why masonite is
a poor choice for a substrate in a bathroom.

ransley March 4th 08 02:45 PM

Bathroom Smells

On Mar 2, 7:26*pm, "Jenny1" u41800@uwe wrote:
My bathroom has had a smell for like 2 months now well its been like that
ever since i moved in my apartment. It has a smell that i dont really know
what to compare it with. It has the smell all day it doesnt go away. It
espically smells really bad after ur done taking a shower and it smells bad
also when i mop the floor. I dont know where its coming from. I thought it
was my shower curtains but i bought some new ones and the smell was still
thier. I clean the bathroom everyday but the smell would still be in thier.. I
dont know what else to do!!

Could be a bad wax ring on the toilet