Posted to alt.home.repair

Default glazed tile

Hi there -

I am trying to figure out how to remove lots of grout haze and extra
grout on glazed porcelain tile. The previous owners of my house did a
hack job on the bathroom, and I'm trying to deconstruct their efforts.

Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Rich wrote:

Hi there -

I am trying to figure out how to remove lots of grout haze and extra
grout on glazed porcelain tile. The previous owners of my house did a
hack job on the bathroom, and I'm trying to deconstruct their efforts.

Thanks.

You might try a blue 3M plastic scrubbing pad; green ones can scratch
glass, so could also
scratch glaze. Do not try to use muriatic acid. You might also try
vinegar, keeping it out of
the grout joints.

When we had tile installed by contractor, he was very careful to clean
off haze but gave us
instructions to do a final vinegar and water rinse after two or three
days.

When we were shopping for our tile, a woman came into the tile store
with a problem. She
and hubby had used muriatic to get haze off their new tile and had
trashed three rooms of
newly laid tile. The fumes can also ruin a lot of stuff in the house,
including your lungs.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ok...definately no muriatic acid...gotcha.

I will have to try the 3M pads and see how that does...cool.

Thanks.

On Mar 2, 10:20*pm, Norminn wrote:
Rich wrote:
[...]

Secondary glazed windows Terry D UK diy 28 April 22nd 07 01:39 PM
Old double-glazed window [email protected] Home Repair 4 August 20th 06 02:31 AM
double glazed windows mike hide Woodworking 3 October 23rd 05 04:34 PM
Glazed ceramic tile for floors Ikon Home Repair 3 April 2nd 05 02:26 PM
Replacing single glazed glass with Double Glazed - Wooden Windows Simon UK diy 8 February 14th 05 08:16 PM