Posted to alt.home.repair
GM GM is offline

Default Vent stack replacement device

Saw an interesting device in the home store today. Replaces the need for a
vent on a drain line. Essentially a 6" nozzle with a one-way valve to let
air in but not out. Probably been around for a while, but first time I've
seen one.

Has anyone tried one of these? I daren't ask whether it meets code.....
Presumably would only be workable in an accessible situation such as a sink
or basin.

Posted to alt.home.repair

GM wrote:

Saw an interesting device in the home store today. Replaces the need
for a vent on a drain line. Essentially a 6" nozzle with a one-way
valve to let air in but not out. Probably been around for a while, but
first time I've seen one.

Has anyone tried one of these? I daren't ask whether it meets code.....
Presumably would only be workable in an accessible situation such as a
sink or basin.

Lots of info he
http://www.studor.com/index2.htm

Yes, it must remain accessible.

Code acceptable? Depends.
We don't have a "National" Code (US) and
big differences exist between regions of the
country.

Won't replace the stack vent, but can be used
on individual fixture traps.

Jim

Sewage pump vent stack [email protected] Home Repair 3 December 28th 07 10:02 PM
Vent Stack Dead End in Basement? Terry Home Repair 0 November 2nd 06 11:38 PM
Vent Stack Dead End in Basement? Speedy Jim Home Repair 0 November 2nd 06 03:42 PM
Size of vent stack? Tom UK diy 4 January 30th 05 06:21 PM
Soil Vent Stack Problem Zikki Malambo UK diy 0 December 10th 04 01:51 PM