DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Vent stack replacement device (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/235905-vent-stack-replacement-device.html)

GM March 3rd 08 01:20 AM

Vent stack replacement device

Saw an interesting device in the home store today. Replaces the need for a
vent on a drain line. Essentially a 6" nozzle with a one-way valve to let
air in but not out. Probably been around for a while, but first time I've
seen one.

Has anyone tried one of these? I daren't ask whether it meets code.....
Presumably would only be workable in an accessible situation such as a sink
or basin.

Speedy Jim[_2_] March 3rd 08 02:06 AM

GM wrote:

Saw an interesting device in the home store today. Replaces the need
for a vent on a drain line. Essentially a 6" nozzle with a one-way
valve to let air in but not out. Probably been around for a while, but
first time I've seen one.

Has anyone tried one of these? I daren't ask whether it meets code.....
Presumably would only be workable in an accessible situation such as a
sink or basin.

Lots of info he
http://www.studor.com/index2.htm

Yes, it must remain accessible.

Code acceptable? Depends.
We don't have a "National" Code (US) and
big differences exist between regions of the
country.

Won't replace the stack vent, but can be used
on individual fixture traps.

Jim