DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Run cntl wire+valve or pipe out for parkway sprinklers ? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/235582-run-cntl-wire-valve-pipe-out-parkway-sprinklers.html)

Bart[_3_] February 28th 08 09:47 PM

Run cntl wire+valve or pipe out for parkway sprinklers ?

I have to run a new water supply to the house as the old one has
sprung a leak under a 80ft
Redwood. It'll have to go under the sidewalk, a low stone wall, mow
strip,, and 50ft of ground
cover and lawn.

I plan to finally install sprinklers to the front parkway (ivy).
There happens to be a hose bib
out there that I assume comes off of the old supply line. So, the
question is... is it better to
run wire out from one of the existing controllers and put a valve out
in a box by the street or
should I add a valve to the set under the controller and run PVC out
to the curd ?

The curb is probably 20-30" below the lawn level, if that matters.
The existing sprinkler valves are a 20ft 'L' distance around corner
and under mow strip
and shrubs from where I expect to connect into the house.

I can think of several pros/cons. But wondered if some issue (anti-
siphoning ?) would dictate.

Tnx, Bart