Posted to alt.home.repair

Default green house :S

Hey everybody. I'm a University student and I recently signed a lease
for a new apartment which is absolutely perfect except for one
problem: the entire apartment is green. Green carpets in the living
room, green laminate in the kitchen, green kitchen counter-tops, green
tiles and counter-tops in the bathroom. I really really don't like
green, and the landlord won't allow us to paint the place or make any
drastic alterations. Does anyone have any decorating suggestions that
could help me work with the green and make it fun, while sticking to a
student budget? Thanks!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 28, 7:10 am, wrote:
Hey everybody. I'm a University student and I recently signed a lease
for a new apartment which is absolutely perfect except for one
problem: the entire apartment is green. Green carpets in the living
room, green laminate in the kitchen, green kitchen counter-tops, green
tiles and counter-tops in the bathroom. I really really don't like
green, and the landlord won't allow us to paint the place or make any
drastic alterations. Does anyone have any decorating suggestions that
could help me work with the green and make it fun, while sticking to a
student budget? Thanks!

Spend more time in the library studying, or make some friends and
spend more time with them (at there apartments).

John

Posted to alt.home.repair

[email protected] wrote

problem: the entire apartment is green. Green carpets in the living
room, green laminate in the kitchen, green kitchen counter-tops, green
tiles and counter-tops in the bathroom. I really really don't like
green, and the landlord won't allow us to paint the place or make any
drastic alterations. Does anyone have any decorating suggestions that
could help me work with the green and make it fun, while sticking to a
student budget? Thanks!

Yeah but you won't have the money to do it all at once. Do not paint
without approval (they can not only take your deposit, but if your job isnt
perfect to their desires, they can take you to court for more money if they
are 'that type').

Every been yardsale shopping? Measure the floor of the living room, etc.
Look about for cheap carpet pieces (may be remnants). You can lay these
over the old green. Often in a college town you can snag these for 20$ or
less as someone graduates. It doenst have to cover the whole thing and you
may need 2 smaller ones of a sorta matching color base, but thats ok.
Consider a tan or brown with a bit of green in it to bring it together while
masking the worst of it.

For the bathroom, see if you can find some cheap darkish yellow rubber
backed bathroom mats. You'll want a darkish color as anything too bright
will stain up fast and look nasty. Alternative is go grey with a silvery
looking shower curtin.

Not so much that you can do with the kitchen, except add bits of other
colors. Dont get anything green for the kitchen if you can help it g.

Generally yellow shades will attract the eye away from green and make it
look less appalling. Bright bits of blue will also help. Tan shades will
'moderate' it down a bit. Grey/silvers will make it look more mellow shady
green.