DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Thinking of buying a new home from Veranda Homes LLC? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/235507-thinking-buying-new-home-veranda-homes-llc.html)

hands on February 28th 08 12:52 PM

Thinking of buying a new home from Veranda Homes LLC?

http://home.ec.rr.com/yankee/
An investigator from the North Carolina State contractor licensing
board dropped in last week to verify my complaint against VERANDA
HOMES LLC. He is going to make some suggestions to the builder. I
still have not been contacted by the builder about resolving my
construction defects.

JoeSpareBedroom February 28th 08 01:52 PM

"hands on" wrote in message
http://home.ec.rr.com/yankee/
An investigator from the North Carolina State contractor licensing
board dropped in last week to verify my complaint against VERANDA
HOMES LLC. He is going to make some suggestions to the builder. I
still have not been contacted by the builder about resolving my
construction defects.

I am in awe of the information presented here.

Yawn.

jed February 28th 08 02:43 PM

On Feb 28, 6:52*am, hands on wrote:
http://home.ec.rr.com/yankee/
An investigator from the North Carolina State contractor licensing
board dropped in last week to verify my complaint against VERANDA
HOMES LLC. He is going to make some suggestions to the builder. I
still have not been contacted by the builder about resolving my
construction defects.

Was this house inspected by an independent home inspection company or
engineer, if not this may help your case? The foundation problems you
outlined are significant. We conduct hundreds of new home inspections
in Texas each year and have never seen this many foundation problems.
Please post the outcome of your claim. http://www.assuretyinspections.com

hands on February 28th 08 02:45 PM

On Feb 28, 8:52 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"hands on" wrote in message

http://home.ec.rr.com/yankee/
An investigator from the North Carolina State contractor licensing
board dropped in last week to verify my complaint against VERANDA
HOMES LLC. He is going to make some suggestions to the builder. I
still have not been contacted by the builder about resolving my
construction defects.

I am in awe of the information presented here.

Yawn.

I'm in awe of the lack of quality in North Carolina new homes. The NC
state contractor licensing board has had a record year (2007)for new
home construction complaints.
Anyone can design a single family home in NC, you don't have to be a
licensed architect.

hands on February 28th 08 02:49 PM

On Feb 28, 9:43 am, jed wrote:
On Feb 28, 6:52 am, hands on wrote:

http://home.ec.rr.com/yankee/
An investigator from the North Carolina State contractor licensing
board dropped in last week to verify my complaint against VERANDA
HOMES LLC. He is going to make some suggestions to the builder. I
still have not been contacted by the builder about resolving my
construction defects.

Was this house inspected by an independent home inspection company or
engineer, if not this may help your case? The foundation problems you
outlined are significant. We conduct hundreds of new home inspections
in Texas each year and have never seen this many foundation problems.
Please post the outcome of your claim.http://www.assuretyinspections.com

The sad part is the local town issued a certificate of occupancy.

JoeSpareBedroom February 28th 08 02:50 PM

"hands on" wrote in message

http://home.ec.rr.com/yankee/
An investigator from the North Carolina State contractor licensing
board dropped in last week to verify my complaint against VERANDA
HOMES LLC. He is going to make some suggestions to the builder. I
still have not been contacted by the builder about resolving my
construction defects.

I am in awe of the information presented here.

Yawn.

I'm in awe of the lack of quality in North Carolina new homes. The NC
state contractor licensing board has had a record year (2007)for new
home construction complaints.
Anyone can design a single family home in NC, you don't have to be a
licensed architect.

It's a home repair newsgroup. People might be interested in knowing some of
the specific problems you're having.

hands on February 28th 08 03:06 PM

"hands on" wrote in message

http://home.ec.rr.com/yankee/
An investigator from the North Carolina State contractor licensing
board dropped in last week to verify my complaint against VERANDA
HOMES LLC. He is going to make some suggestions to the builder. I
still have not been contacted by the builder about resolving my
construction defects.

I am in awe of the information presented here.

Yawn.

I'm in awe of the lack of quality in North Carolina new homes. The NC
state contractor licensing board has had a record year (2007)for new
home construction complaints.
Anyone can design a single family home in NC, you don't have to be a
licensed architect.

It's a home repair newsgroup. People might be interested in knowing some of
the specific problems you're having.

See my link http://home.ec.rr.com/yankee/
Unstable compacted soil is not supporting the concrete slab foundation
properly which is allowing the slab to settle unevenly resulting in
slab cracks, cracks in my ceiling,where walls meet the ceiling there
is separation, doors are not closing properly, door frames on internal
doors are shifting causing doors to stick and not close properly.My
concrete patio was poured with no expansion joint between the house
and patio, now I have a nice crack down the middle of it. My house
plans called for soil testing to be done before building but nobody
can provide this.Some days my kitchen cabinets meet the wall tight,
other days they are 1/8 inch away from the wall. ceramic tile my my
front door cracked.