DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What is green tint on Milgard windows? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/235378-what-green-tint-milgard-windows.html)

[email protected] February 27th 08 04:57 PM

What is green tint on Milgard windows?

We recently bought a home where the previous owners had installed new
Milgard windows. We noticed at certain angles and with certain
lighting that there is a green tint to the glass. My hunch is that
these are one of Milgard's coatings for energy efficiency, UV
blockage, etc., but we'd like to know which one as they've got a
couple. Searching around, I can't find anything that describes the
green color we're seeing to identify what we've got. One of the main
concerns is if the light that pours through these windws onto carpet
and furniture will be harmful and cause fading to fabric. Having peace
of mind, i.e. the windows are indeed coated with such-and-such and
will block harmful rays, would be great. Thanks to anyone who has
knowledge about Milgard products and can tell us what we've got on
ours given the green hue we're seeing.

Joe February 27th 08 07:08 PM

On Feb 27, 10:57*am, wrote:
We recently bought a home where the previous owners had installed new
Milgard windows. We noticed at certain angles and with certain
lighting that there is a green tint to the glass. My hunch is that
these are one of Milgard's coatings for energy efficiency, UV
blockage, etc., but we'd like to know which one as they've got a
couple. Searching around, I can't find anything that describes the
green color we're seeing to identify what we've got. One of the main
concerns is if the light that pours through these windws onto carpet
and furniture will be harmful and cause fading to fabric. Having peace
of mind, i.e. the windows are indeed coated with such-and-such and
will block harmful rays, would be great. Thanks to anyone who has
knowledge about Milgard products and can tell us what we've got on
ours given the green hue we're seeing.

Most companies have customer service people to answer questions like
these. Try there first. They will likely send you brochures detailing
the product attributes, but the service person could answer more
specific questions for you. It is doubtful that store clerks or owners
would be as well informed. HTH

Joe