Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Real estate agent ethics

Smitty Two wrote:

I'd love to post it. But, that would expose me to a civil lawsuit for
copyright infringement.

Huuuh?

Assumng that what you have posted here up thread is accurate and true,
you have no idea what you are talking about.

My bull**** detector is pegging over to the 100 % side of the meter.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Smitty Two wrote:

SNIP HAPPENS

Yes, it does. Copyrights exist automatically and by default, and letters
are protected just as much as any other creative work. You can register
a copyright, for a fee, but that simply gives you additional documented
proof that you are, indeed, the creator.

Oh sea, the old bullsit detector is now permanently pegged over
to the 125% number.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Smitty Two says...

In article ,
Oren wrote:

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 07:32:00 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

I was in email contact with an agent recently, and decided that she was
not responsive enough to my needs, so I informed her I would look
elsewhere. That seemed acceptable to her at first, but after a couple of
days of chewing on it, she apparently went off the deep end,
constructing a vicious written attack that I would characterize as rabid
or psychotic.

Maybe the $$ signs in her eye balls tilted.

I've made eight RE transactions over the past 20 years or so. I never
dealt with e-mail and only use the phone when making appointments.

We like to sit down at the round table, make eye contact with the
agent.

I have written to the owner and manager of the Century 21 franchise for
whom she works, but since she's a top seller for him, I'm not holding my
breath that he'll concern himself too much with my complaint.

So do any of you happen to know whether there is a procedure for formal
redress of grievances against agents? Are they sworn to uphold some sort
of code of ethics? Does Century 21 censure its agents if they misbehave,
or are individual franchises free to operate however they choose?

Check the state licensing board. A complaint may make the Broker
address his agent.

Spring is here soon, so I would let it go and do other things.

Define "misbehave"!

--
Oren

Thanks. I'm starting with the owner of the franchise. If he doesn't
censure her behavior in any meaningful way (and I doubt he will,) I'll
take it to the licensing board.

So - what - you're going to hang around and make sure she gets fired, or given a
talking down..? And that will do for you, exactly what. The owner of the
franchise may know something of the situation you don't. He may know something
like, she just had a close family member member die. Who knows. What real
interest do *you* have in how this turns out?? If she's to be fired or dressed
down, so be it - what, do you want to be around to see it or what? Why??

I *do* think it's appropriate to let those she answers to know of this incident
because they need to know what's happening in the field in their business, but
really, it's not matter of your own what comes of it. In your position I simply
would retain a *different* agent from a *different* franchise (or otherwise well
separated from this whole problem) and be done with it.

Why are you out for blood on this??

Banty

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 28, 1:52*pm, Banty wrote:
In article ,
Smitty Two says...

In article
,
wrote:

On Feb 27, 10:32 am, Smitty Two wrote:
I was in email contact with an agent recently, and decided that she was
not responsive enough to my needs, so I informed her I would look
elsewhere. That seemed acceptable to her at first, but after a couple of
days of chewing on it, she apparently went off the deep end,
constructing a vicious written attack that I would characterize as rabid
or psychotic.

Pleast post here letter here! *I'd love to read it.

I'd love to post it. But, that would expose me to a civil lawsuit for
copyright infringement.

What you say about copyright does not apply; nonetheless there is no real reason
to post the letter here, and that would be, at the least, a classless thing to
do.

There is plenty of reason to at least post some sections of the
letter. That way, we'd have a much better understanding of exactly
what the fuss is about. Nothing classless about it. He can excerpt
any identifying information.

The only question in my mind is if there's anything that does not have to do
with a pending, but dropped, real estate relationship, over and above just
negative emoting.

It's pretty clear from all his statements so far, that it's the
former.

I mean, is this just about getting a nasty letter therefore you think you should
'get even'? *Or is there more to this that has you so upset. *You don't have to
go posting the letters to answer that.

Since he's so afraid of copyright infringement with her letter, I'd
like to know what he's gonna do if he makes a complaint to any state
regulators, etc. Just send in an unsupported complaint without
sending a copy of the letter?

I'd like to see where anyone ever prevailed in a copyright suit over a
simple business letter sent to someone like this. Letters, including
the full letter, without names, etc redacted, wind up being used and
in the media all the time. Yet, I've never heard of anyone
prevailing in a lawsuit over the letter being copyrighted. And if
they did, what do you think a court would award? $1 maybe.

If he's so fearful of a civil suit, then he should have just kept his
mouth shut and not be running around asking how to escalate this
thing. The letters he already sent to the owner and manager where
she works are far more likely to result in him being sued than posting
some redacted excerpts of the letter here, without identifying info.

Banty- Hide quoted text -

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
mm wrote:

Sticks and stones can break your bones, but words addressed only to
you can't hurt you. What is it that happened that has you so
outrages?

That is a very thoughtful question, and one I have deliberated on a bit
already. More will no doubt be revealed. But, I will tell you that the
letter was outrageous, (so why would I not be outraged?) and 100%
unprovoked. If I had an employee who spoke to one of my customers like
that, I would fire the employee on the spot. Our society has grown rude,
and we have grown accepting of rudeness. I guess I'd like to rail
against that, effectively or not.

Well, we only have your side of the story and you're being very coy
about providing anything at all factual other than the other person's
supposed misbehavior.

Without further comment, I'd say it is highly unlikely such a response
would be "100% unprovoked"/

I would suspect that you had several previous e-mails w/ this person,
she apparently took the time to respond (but not instantaneously we can
infer or on your every whim) and you then blew her off would certainly
not be entirely unprovoked.

One can be passively aggressive and write something that comes across to
another as very hostile either deliberately or sometimes even innocently
as can be observed in this newsgroup all the time.

I would only strongly suggest you review your actions in a totally
dispassionate mode before you get too much more worked over this other
person's supposed sins.

That would, of course, include looking at the implied business
arrangement you may have developed by suggesting you were interested in
a particular property which she was representing either directly or as
part of a MLS service. Particularly if it was a MLS listing and you
contacted this person initially, it isn't exactly kosher to then go and
use another agent for the same property. Not necessarily a formal
breach of contract, but certainly not all that up and up, either...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Smitty Two wrote:

I was in email contact with an agent recently, and decided that she was
not responsive enough to my needs, so I informed her I would look
elsewhere. That seemed acceptable to her at first, but after a couple of
days of chewing on it, she apparently went off the deep end,
constructing a vicious written attack that I would characterize as rabid
or psychotic.

I have written to the owner and manager of the Century 21 franchise for
whom she works, but since she's a top seller for him, I'm not holding my
breath that he'll concern himself too much with my complaint.

So do any of you happen to know whether there is a procedure for formal
redress of grievances against agents? Are they sworn to uphold some sort
of code of ethics? Does Century 21 censure its agents if they misbehave,
or are individual franchises free to operate however they choose?

I haven't read all of this thread, and I'm interested mostly because it
has run on so long. Is it correct
that you had no contract with her? You were an interested buyer? Just
for curiosity, what was the
essence of what the realtor said that was offensive? If you have
already written to her agency, and you
don't have a financial investment, I have trouble understanding what was
so offensive. If she made
remarks that might come under discrimination laws, I can understand
taking it further. O/w, she is just
not a likeable person, which is much more of a problem for her than for
you, it would seem. Being
offended by email by an almost complete stranger just doesn't seem like
a big deal to me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 23:24:27 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

If the boss gets on her case; or disciplines her, they may not be
obligated to say what action the took. They have to protect her and
can only give limited information about "personnel".

You may never know the outcome, other than you complained.

I think she "got your goat" in some small way and your ego won't let
go...

--
Oren
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 07:23:49 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Feb 28, 9:47*am, mm wrote:
On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 23:16:24 -0800, Smitty Two

wrote:

wrote:

I was in email contact with an agent recently, and decided that she was
not responsive enough to my needs, so I informed her I would look
elsewhere. That seemed acceptable to her at first, but after a couple of

Of course you can "fire" your agent, but I'd wait until the contract
ends.

I've never sold a house, but aren't all those contracts terminable at
will by either party (with the exception that commissions have to be
paid when contacts were made before the contract was ended)?

No. If you're a seller, the listing agent, under normal
circumstances, has a contract that can't be cancelled for a duration
of X months, without cause. Would you take on a listening where

Good to know. And to know before the last minute.

you're going to start running newspaper ads, put up pics and listing
info on your website, run open houses, etc, and let the seller just
say get lost 3 weeks later for no reason?

WEll I didn't have in mind no reason, but lack of performance. Like
someone who wasn't running newspaper ads or open houses, but had done
no more than put a listing in their website, which had led to no or
almost no one visiting the house.

So she antagonized you this much just by email!! *It must have been
terrible. * Please take out the identifying information and post it
for us.

A lot of us might change our answers a bit or a lot after reading it,

Yep, I'd like to see exactly how bad it is too.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 09:20:39 -0800, edbedb wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:

SNIP HAPPENS

Yes, it does. Copyrights exist automatically and by default, and letters
are protected just as much as any other creative work. You can register
a copyright, for a fee, but that simply gives you additional documented
proof that you are, indeed, the creator.

Oh sea, the old bullsit detector is now permanently pegged over
to the 125% number.

Smitty is right.** He's surely far closer to being right than you are,
and he managed to do it without vulgarity.

Generally he's right, nothing he said was wrong. But I'm not sure
there's really a problem here, at least not one that couldn't be
solved by eliminating the identifying information and changing a few
words for synonyms, etc. And that he wouldn't be making a profit from
posting it here that could be sued for. Plus the fact that it's
unlikely she's reading here and without identifying information, no
one will call it to her attention.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 21:27:07 +0000 (UTC), G. Morgan
wrote:

Banty wrote:

I'd love to post it. But, that would expose me to a civil lawsuit for
copyright infringement.

What you say about copyright does not apply; nonetheless there is no real reason
to post the letter here, and that would be, at the least, a classless thing to
do.

He's right, you're wrong. If the letter was posted as a means of defamation or
harassment, the realtor would have recourse under the copyright protection.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/Dozier...rweb650951.htm

I"m not sure this is on point. There seems to me a big difference
between a letter good at "protecting our business clients and
preventing an escalation of a situation." and one that is outstanding
only in its nastiness. Especiallly since "He noted that prior to the
Internet, private legal disputes were handled between attorneys with a
focus on avoiding costly legal battles and not burdening the judicial
system with legal cases that should have been resolved without a
lawsuit."

While I certainly do not agree with that court's decision, it set a precedent
nonetheless. I feel that if someone was dumb enough to send a letter showing
their "true colors", then it is the recipient's right to do with it as they
please.

Posted to alt.home.repair

G. Morgan wrote:

SNIP HAPPENS

While I certainly do not agree with that court's decision, it set a precedent
nonetheless. I feel that if someone was dumb enough to send a letter showing
their "true colors", then it is the recipient's right to do with it as they
please.

That you are foolish enough to believe that an isolated unpulished
meorandum decision
in a district court case in Idaho, which runs contrary to over 200 years
of copyright
decisions in federal courts constitutes "precedent" for anything tlls us
more about you than you might
want us to know.

That you found the "great preceden" on the web site of the lawyer
reresenting the
plaintiff is even ore telling.

Soe ax you have to grind, luzer?
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 13:29:42 -0600, dpb wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,

[...]

All good points.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 22:55:35 +0000 (UTC), G. Morgan
wrote:

edbedb wrote:

That you ...

bitchslap

The grown up's are talking, go play somewhere else.

I like, better 'go play in the traffic!'

--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

G. Morgan wrote:

That is not the "point". The point is the author of the letter can claim
copyright infringement if she decides she didn't want anyone else to see it. So
for example, if the letter was posted by Smitty and the witch got wind of it,
she can come back on him with a DMCA violation.

Bitch slap yourself dumbass.

The author can not claim copyright *after* first publication, and cannot
claim
copyright *at all* if the copyright bug ( we'll wait while you go look
it up)....

We're still waiting for you we know you're slow

still waiing...

okay, you now know what a copyright bg is...

....and regardess of after initial publication registration ....

if no claim to copyright is made on initial publication through the use
of the "bug"
there is no standing to bring a claim , either common law or statute
based, for
copyright infringement.....

Go play in traffic sonny.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Sanity" wrote in message

"Sanity" wrote in message

"SteveB" meagain@rockvilleUSA wrote in message

"Sanity" wrote in message

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news I was in email contact with an agent recently, and decided that she
[...]

First of all, "Real Estate Agent Ethics" is an oxymoron.
Secondly, all agents or their agencies have to be licensed by the
State they operate in. You have to find the State agency that issues
licenses to real estate brokers and file a complaint there.

BFD there. I had a complaint against a lawyer, and wrote to the
State Bar. They replied and said that if I wanted to take any action
I should hire an attorney. I, of course and dumbly, thought that was
their job. Apparently, I was wrong.

A complaint to the real estate board in your state may or may not do
any good. What do you want from her? Do you just want her to
straighten up and not bother anyone else? Maybe a complaint would do
that. Don't count on much more. If she's a real b....., it probably
won't even bother her.

Hire another agent, keep quiet about your experiences with this one,
and move on. If you complain to the new one about this one, you
could be perceived as a troublemaker, or worse yet, they could be
buddies ................

Steve

It's people like you that let people like the agent get away with
their crap. True, the State licensing agency might not do anything in
this case. But if enough people did complain, they'd take action.

Which planet do you live on? Here on earth, you can't even get the
police to protect battered women and "take action" until they have a
toe tag. You think the real estate board has any teeth?

Can I meet you tomorrow to show you this bridge I have for sale? It's
very reasonable, and there's NO qualifying!

Steve

In the past I had to file a grievance with the State Board of Licensing
in NY complaining about a serious error in a land survey that cost me
24000 to correct. They investigated and found the surveyor in error. I
took their report and sued the surveyor and won my case.
I also filed against a chain pharmacy for making an error in a
prescription for my dog. The prescription read 5mg and they gave 500mg.
The store was heavily fined.
And I do live on planet Earth and if you think you're the ultimate in
brains or experiences, I have a bridge for sale for you.

Please explain what you meant by your "people like you" paragraph. I
said basically the same thing you said, and you got all riled up.

Steve

"People like you" refers to people who say it's not worth the effort,
they're not going to do anything. And I got riled up about your attitude
"Can I meet you tomorrow to show you this bridge I have for sale?"
Sounded very pompous and condescending and intitmating that you're smarter
than me or I'm dumber than you.

Well, which is it?

My point was clearly stated:

A complaint to the real estate board in your state may or may not do
any good. What do you want from her? Do you just want her to
straighten up and not bother anyone else? Maybe a complaint would do
that. Don't count on much more. If she's a real b....., it probably
won't even bother her.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Sanity" wrote in message

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
[...]

Hey idiot, do you know what KMA is?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

On Feb 27, 1:32*pm, Limp Arbor wrote:
[...]

My what goes around comes around C21 Realtor story:

Before we were married my wife and I started looking for a place to
rent. *So the agent Dorene was showing us around and we stop at a
place we were interested in. *She gets on the phone with the owner in
front of us and tells the owner "I have a nice married couple here
with no pets and I've already run their credit and its excellent". *We
just met Dorene, she knew we weren't married, had no idea about pets,
and din't run our credit. *I told Dorene we had to go and we left. *I
told my future wife that if Dorene would lie to her client she would
sure as hell lie to us so we were done with her.

Fast forward 4 years and we have our first home on the market (luckily
we decided against renting). *And Dorene shows up with potential
buyers unannounced. *Our listing was clearly marked by appointment
only. *I tell her she can't come in without an appointment and she
starts berating me asking my why because she had made an appointment
the day before (obviously trying to show off in front of her client).
I tell her better luck next time and close the door in her face.

Don't know if that couple saw through her BS because they knew she
didn't have an appointment but I knew she was full of it.

Don't bother with Dorene if you need a realtor in NJ

Well of course she didn't ask if you were married. That would be
illegal.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

[...]

FWIW: http://www.realtor.org/mempolweb.nsf/214c1520b27c9ee286256b2600557d81/3232c1847235fbe2862572340079aaec/$FILE/COE%202008.pdf

Posted to alt.home.repair

t...

"Sanity" wrote in message

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
[...]

Yes. That is when you lose a discussion, and can't come up with any
plausible points of discussion.

You take care.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"SteveB" meagain@rockvilleUSA wrote in message

t...

"Sanity" wrote in message

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
[...]

attitude "Can I meet you tomorrow to show you this bridge I have for
sale?" Sounded very pompous and condescending and intitmating that
you're smarter than me or I'm dumber than you.

Well, which is it?

My point was clearly stated:

A complaint to the real estate board in your state may or may not do
any good. What do you want from her? Do you just want her to
straighten up and not bother anyone else? Maybe a complaint would
do that. Don't count on much more. If she's a real b....., it
probably won't even bother her.

Hey idiot, do you know what KMA is?

Yes. That is when you lose a discussion, and can't come up with any
plausible points of discussion.

You take care.

Steve

I didn't lose any discussion with you. You claimed that complaining to a
State or Licensing agency would get you nowhere and I told you that I
succeeded complaining to them. In your response to me you insinuated that I
was stupid enough to 'buy a bridge' from you. That just tells me that you
think only you are correct and everyone else is wrong. Well grow up. There
are smarter people than you around. Go in peace.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , dpb wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
mm wrote:

[...]

Highly unlikely it may be, but it is nevertheless true. I posted my
original question only to seek suggestions about where and with whom to
file a complaint, not to gather moral support for my cause. I have shown
the *entire* email dialogue I had with this woman to several people, and
they unanimously agree that her final email was completely out in left
field, and completely without cause or justification. This was *not* a
slowly escalating personality conflict, it was a woman who went
positively emotionally ballistic for absolutely no reason that had
anything to do with me. Now, you're free to believe that, or not...
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Banty wrote:

In article ,
Smitty Two says...

In article ,
mm wrote:

She wrote this letter only to you? If so, forget about it,

Yes, to me, although she cc'd my g.f. and promised to send a copy to
the gentleman who referred me to her. (a promise that did not
materialize, but the gentleman was horrified when my g.f. showed the
letter to him later)

If she sent a copy to someone else, and harmed you in some way, please
give more details.

Sticks and stones can break your bones, but words addressed only to
you can't hurt you. What is it that happened that has you so
outrages?

That is a very thoughtful question, and one I have deliberated on a bit
already. More will no doubt be revealed. But, I will tell you that the
letter was outrageous, (so why would I not be outraged?) and 100%
unprovoked. If I had an employee who spoke to one of my customers like
that, I would fire the employee on the spot. Our society has grown rude,
and we have grown accepting of rudeness. I guess I'd like to rail
against that, effectively or not.

I wouldn't see this as an ethical question so much as your unfortunately
haVING
run into an emotionally unstable, unhappy person. She didnt' set you up to
lose
money or otherwise manipulate you, or others, to get something for herself,
did
she? That would be more along the lines of what people consider ethical
questions.

From your description, this is beyond rudeness, so beyond your wisest course
is
to realize that, and don't let her emotional problems affect your life
further.
Which means to drop it. After bring the letters to the attention of any
superiors she may have. And thereafter don't use that realtor or any
associated
realtor.

Is there something in the letters that's defamatory to you? (If so, are you
telling us everything?)

Banty

By definition, I would say it couldn't be defamatory if she sent it only
to me. If she's calling all the other realtors in town and telling them
that I'm a whatever, then maybe, but I have no way of knowing that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
mm wrote:

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 23:36:02 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
mm wrote:

She wrote this letter only to you? If so, forget about it,

Yes, to me, although she cc'd my g.f. and promised to send a copy to

I guess I should have asked "She sent this letter only to you?"
That's what I meant. So even if she only commented on you, or only
addressed you, in the letter, that she sent it to your g.f. puts it in
my second category.

If the g.f. doesn't believe any of the bad stuff, or thinks it isn't
bad, which seems to be through or she wouldn't have showed it to the
other man, that means I guess thta you haven't sufffered much harm
(unless contrary to your gf's expectations, the man thought less of
you after reading the letter.

But regardless of what she and he actually thought after reading the
letter, it was iiuc clearly the agent's intention that the gf should
think less of you. And that's where the problem lies.

Well, if she wanted my g.f. to think less of me, she missed the mark.
The g.f.'s reaction was one of abject horror that the woman could be so
vicious and nuts.

the gentleman who referred me to her. (a promise that did not
materialize, but the gentleman was horrified when my g.f. showed the
letter to him later)

If she sent a copy to someone else, and harmed you in some way, please
give more details.

Sticks and stones can break your bones, but words addressed only to
you can't hurt you. What is it that happened that has you so
outrages?

That is a very thoughtful question, and one I have deliberated on a bit
already. More will no doubt be revealed. But, I will tell you that the
letter was outrageous, (so why would I not be outraged?)

That doesn't help me understand. What is it that makes the letter
outrageeous?

How silly of me to think you'd let me get away with a circular argument.
All right, for those clamoring for more details:

I wrote a long, well-thought out, well-crafted letter of introduction to
the woman. The g.f. lives 300 miles away, in a city where it may be a
good time to buy investment property. We intend to buy something, rent
it out for a few years, and then sell, hopefully at a nice profit.

But, I'm not intimately familiar with the real estate situation there.
So in my letter of introduction, I told her who we were, what we were
looking for, and acknowledged my ignorance on several points. I also
told her I would be there in less than two weeks, and wanted to look at
several houses, as well as discuss various strategies, etc.

She wrote a nice letter back, and then a follow-up single sentence two
days later, asking whether we had decided to work with her. I phoned
her, got her voice mail, and said yes. The g.f. wrote her an email, also
saying yes, and asked to set up a preliminary appt. to meet her, show
her some printouts of listings we were interested in seeing (based on
drive-bys), and also get her feedback on some questionable
neighborhoods, and suggestions of other homes that might fit our bill.

Five days elapsed, and she had not contacted my g.f. for an appt. I sent
her a polite email, saying I hoped she was just busy and hadn't broken a
leg or anything. She phoned me, and I asked her to phone my g.f. to set
up the preliminary meeting. She agreed to do so, and I gave her the
phone number at her request, although she had it already. We agreed to
see houses on Friday.

Two more days elapsed, and no call to the g.f. By this time, I was due
to arrive there in about 48 hours. I wrote and said: "We need someone
more responsive, and will look for someone less busy. Please cancel our
appt. for Friday."

Her next email was short and polite, if hinting at a bit of surprise,
and maybe a tiny bit defensive. I wrote and said that I didn't think she
should be surprised, given the five day delay followed by the two day
delay. She wrote two more emails of modest protest but no particular
significance, which I ignored.

Then the bombshell, in which she meticulously dissected my first
introductory email, insulting me at every sentence. It was sarcastic,
snotty, condescending, and ridiculing, filled with CAPITALS and many
exclamation points
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!

She told me repeatedly what an expert she is, and how much praise she
gets, and how many banks she works with, and how it's people like her
who are working 13 hours/day to save the economy, and how few days off
she's had,

It ended with her advising me that she was putting me on her "do not
ever call me again" list, since I had treated her poorly (!) and that I
was forever forbidden from calling her, and how much fun she had writing
this diatribe, and that she was gonna sleep like a baby.

That is my definition of "outrageous," with which you may or may not
agree. But trust me, the picture I paint above is woefully inadequate. I
do find one thing amusing, though. The woman cannot spell "bankrupt,"
and she cannot spell "professional."

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Norminn wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:

[...]

I think the thing that irritates me the most is that this woman appears
to be a psychopath, masquerading as a real estate agent. I hate
deception.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,
Pat wrote:

[...]

FWIW:
http://www.realtor.org/mempolweb.nsf...57d81/3232c184
7235fbe2862572340079aaec/$FILE/COE%202008.pdf

Thank you! I will read that from start to finish. It should answer the
question as to whether she's unethical, or just intolerable.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
edbedb wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:

SNIP HAPPENS

Yes, it does. Copyrights exist automatically and by default, and letters
are protected just as much as any other creative work. You can register
a copyright, for a fee, but that simply gives you additional documented
proof that you are, indeed, the creator.

Oh sea, the old bullsit detector is now permanently pegged over
to the 125% number.

Sir, my mother was a writer. One of the many things she wrote was a
handbook on copyright law. That is the source of my information. So go
dig her up out of the dirt and argue with her about it, not me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Smitty Two wrote:

[...]

The distinction that some have failed to make is that there is a
difference between defamation of character, and copyright infringement.
Removing identifying information might absolve me of the one, but not
the other.

At any rate, I've now summed up the correspondence elsewhere in this
thread, and that's all I care to say about it. Since the thread has
piqued some interest, I'll post a follow-up if anything comes of my
protests.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Oren wrote:

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 23:24:27 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Oh, it will let go eventually. It always does.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Smitty Two wrote:

I think the thing that irritates me the most is that this woman
appears to be a psychopath, masquerading as a real estate agent. I
hate deception.

Play to her strengths.

*Dead chicken on her doorstep

*Midnight call: "We know who you are and we know what you did"

*Call a cemetary. Tell them you are terrified of being buried alive and want
to arrange to have a telephone installed in your casket. Ask them to
research the possibilities and call you back. Give them her husband's name
and her number.

*Call animal rescue. Tell them you need a Rotweiller and are willing to pay
$200 for the next one that comes in. Leave her number.

*Take out an ad in the local community advertising newspaper that looks like
her obituary. When it appears, clip out copies and send to various
professional, trade, church, school, and tax authorities.

There are BOOKS containing these and other little jokes ("Make My Day" is
one).

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Smitty Two says...

In article ,
Norminn wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:

[...]

LOL! Oh come on. What - psychopath is some kind of profession? How about the
much more likely, and boring, scenario that she's a real estate agent who lost
her professionalism around you. For some reason.

After this post, and the lack of any details coming from you after all this
time, I'm thinking you had more to do with it.

Banty

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 1, 10:42*am, Banty wrote:
In article ,
Smitty Two says...

In article ,
Norminn wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:

[...]

Yeah Banty, I'm with you. Something doesn't pass the smell test
here. To me, even the idea that this incident really involves ethics,
doesn't fit. I consider unethical behavior to be where someone
misuses a fiduciary role, has a conflict of interest, an undisclosed
financial interest in something, practices racial discrimination, etc.

Simply being rude in a letter I would characterize as unprofessional,
but not unethical. And I would report it to their employer and be
done with it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
says...

On Mar 1, 10:42=A0am, Banty wrote:
In article =

,
Smitty Two says...

In article ,
Norminn wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:

[...]

has run on so long. =A0Is it correct
that you had no contract with her? =A0You were an interested buyer? Jus=

for curiosity, what was the
essence of what the realtor said that was offensive? =A0If you have
already written to her agency, and you
don't have a financial investment, I have trouble understanding what wa=

so offensive. =A0If she made
remarks that might come under discrimination laws, I can understand
taking it further. =A0O/w, she is just
not a likeable person, which is much more of a problem for her than for=

you, it would seem. =A0Being
offended by email by an almost complete stranger just doesn't seem like=

a big deal to me.

I think the thing that irritates me the most is that this woman appears
to be a psychopath, masquerading as a real estate agent. I hate
deception.

LOL! =A0Oh come on. =A0What - psychopath is some kind of profession? =A0Ho=

w about the
much more likely, and boring, scenario that she's a real estate agent who =

lost
her professionalism around you. =A0For some reason.

After this post, and the lack of any details coming from you after all thi=

time, I'm thinking you had more to do with it.

Banty- Hide quoted text -

Yeah Banty, I'm with you. Something doesn't pass the smell test
here. To me, even the idea that this incident really involves ethics,
doesn't fit. I consider unethical behavior to be where someone
misuses a fiduciary role, has a conflict of interest, an undisclosed
financial interest in something, practices racial discrimination, etc.

Simply being rude in a letter I would characterize as unprofessional,
but not unethical. And I would report it to their employer and be
done with it.

Yeah. That's what rational people do.

I think he's here fishing for something he can get back at her with. Bleaaah.
Life's too frickin' short for that.

Banty