Posted to alt.home.repair

Default glue advice

Bought this 4 inch high "peel and stick" type vinyl baseboard stuff
(bought a 100' roll) and it held great for about three months, then started
falling off. I would like to buy a glue in a caulk form that would stick
this to the wall like sh*t to a blanket....was going to use air nailer and
staples, but that would be too "redneck"....The application of this vinyl
baseboard is going on a cement floor with floor heat thats covered in lino
and am gluing this to primed and painted gyprock walls..thanks for any
constructive advice...regards...Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jimi" wrote in
:

Bought this 4 inch high "peel and stick" type vinyl baseboard
stuff
(bought a 100' roll) and it held great for about three months, then
started falling off. I would like to buy a glue in a caulk form that
would stick this to the wall like sh*t to a blanket....was going to
use air nailer and staples, but that would be too "redneck"....The
application of this vinyl baseboard is going on a cement floor with
floor heat thats covered in lino and am gluing this to primed and
painted gyprock walls..thanks for any constructive
advice...regards...Jim

I used Liquid Nails as per pro advice. Works great.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 26, 6:45 pm, "Jimi" wrote:
Bought this 4 inch high "peel and stick" type vinyl baseboard stuff
(bought a 100' roll) and it held great for about three months, then started
falling off. I would like to buy a glue in a caulk form that would stick
this to the wall like sh*t to a blanket....was going to use air nailer and
staples, but that would be too "redneck"....The application of this vinyl
baseboard is going on a cement floor with floor heat thats covered in lino
and am gluing this to primed and painted gyprock walls..thanks for any
constructive advice...regards...Jim

Cove base glue comes in a tube at my local Menards. Not sure where
you live but I would guess that Lowe's and Home Depot have it too.

JK
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jimi" wrote in message
Bought this 4 inch high "peel and stick" type vinyl baseboard stuff
(bought a 100' roll) and it held great for about three months, then
started falling off. I would like to buy a glue in a caulk form that would
stick this to the wall like sh*t to a blanket....was going to use air
nailer and staples, but that would be too "redneck"....The application of
this vinyl baseboard is going on a cement floor with floor heat thats
covered in lino and am gluing this to primed and painted gyprock
walls..thanks for any constructive advice...regards...Jim

There are polyurethane glues in a cartridge that will hold anything. I
built a precast stone wall with it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jimi wrote:
Bought this 4 inch high "peel and stick" type vinyl baseboard stuff
(bought a 100' roll) and it held great for about three months, then started
falling off. I would like to buy a glue in a caulk form that would stick
this to the wall like sh*t to a blanket....was going to use air nailer and
staples, but that would be too "redneck"....The application of this vinyl
baseboard is going on a cement floor with floor heat thats covered in lino
and am gluing this to primed and painted gyprock walls..thanks for any
constructive advice...regards...Jim

Try these:

http://www.tools4flooring.com/cove-b...s-c-33_37.html

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...esive_Sealant/
Posted to alt.home.repair

Use cove base adhesive. I prefer Flexco or Henry's.
http://www.wwhenry.com/prod-440lc.htm

Do not use solvent based panel adhesive like liquid nail, it can
wrinkle and show through the base.

If you have a lot to do, get one of these:
http://www.installertools.com/cgi-bin/INTstore.pl?user_action=detail&catalogno=05-236
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

Glue advice Jimi Home Repair 3 September 23rd 07 10:50 PM
Advice on box glue up sweet sawdust Woodworking 20 January 26th 07 09:09 PM
THIS TO THAT (GLUE ADVICE) J T Woodworking 5 January 30th 06 09:34 PM
Newbie needs glue advice SaeedCh Woodworking 1 January 24th 05 05:59 AM
glue up advice needed (see pix in a.b.p.w) [email protected] Woodturning 0 November 11th 04 02:26 PM