Posted to alt.home.repair

Default shallow well pump sounds like its on but not popping up heads

The pump sounds like it is running. My dad took the pump in and had it
checked out and nothing was wrong with it. We ran new pipe with a new check
valve on top of the other one. We did a bucket test to see if the pump was
popping heads up and it did. What do we need to check now? Does this mean
it is something going on in the well. Please help. Wanted to try to repair
myself for cost reasons and the knowledge of how it works. Any info would be
helpful. Thanks Teresa

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

tadcad2 wrote:
The pump sounds like it is running. My dad took the pump in and had it
checked out and nothing was wrong with it. We ran new pipe with a new check
valve on top of the other one. We did a bucket test to see if the pump was
popping heads up and it did. What do we need to check now? Does this mean
it is something going on in the well. Please help. Wanted to try to repair
myself for cost reasons and the knowledge of how it works. Any info would be
helpful. Thanks Teresa

Don't follow the description of what you're saying very well, but if the
pump is shown to be operational out of the well but not in it, then
there's either a blockage to the input or there's no water...

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

How deep is the well?