Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Using Pink noise to mask noise.

I have some noise problems at my place and was reading about pink
noise and downlaoded a 5 minute sample of it and play it with my Mp3
player and it works very very welll, it blockes out all the outside
noise perfectly and it does not really annoy me at all, mos tof the
time I forget its there.

But I was wondering If i setup a speaker system at my front door and
balcony and played the piink noise woudl it be effctive, or does it
need to be close to you for it to work ??

Just wanting to know the pink noise is not that irrateing, but I would
liek it to be less noticeable

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 25, 12:41�pm, I dont like noise. wrote:
I have some noise problems at my place and was reading about pink
noise and downlaoded a 5 minute sample of it and play it with my Mp3
player and it works very very welll, it blockes out all the outside
noise perfectly and it does not really annoy me at all, mos tof the
time I forget its there.

But I was wondering If i setup a speaker system at my front door and
balcony and played the piink noise woudl it be effctive, or does it
need to be close to you for it to work ??

Just wanting to know the pink noise is not that irrateing, but I would
liek it to be less noticeable

Thanks.

close to you is best, normally called white noise.

they sell machines that do this........

noise Cuprager UK diy 16 August 16th 06 11:20 AM
Low Noise saw (any saw ;)...) ddt_toronto Woodworking 70 August 16th 05 06:17 AM
Car noise Tony Hwang Home Repair 6 June 22nd 05 03:09 PM
dvr noise Woodturning 5 June 9th 04 09:29 PM
noise GFRfan Home Ownership 1 April 2nd 04 07:47 PM