Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Snowblower

I have a old MW machine that has a 5hp B/S Eng.
New plug ,carb kit and I still have to prime it through the plug hole to
start it. Can these engines be retrofitted with a primer kit?
Frank

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Feb 25, 10:30*am, "Frank" wrote:
I have a old MW machine that has a 5hp B/S Eng.
* * New plug ,carb kit and I still have to prime it through the plug hole to
start it. Can these engines be retrofitted with a primer kit?
* * * * * Frank

Not usually needed on those old timers. Simple choking should work
fine. Since it doesn't, your carburetor may be still need passages
cleaned out. Consider replacement as the final option. Good luck.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote in message
I have a old MW machine that has a 5hp B/S Eng.
New plug ,carb kit and I still have to prime it through the plug hole
to start it. Can these engines be retrofitted with a primer kit?
Frank

No offense intended, Frank, but I would go back through your rebuild process
and think about how well you cleaned everything out. Did you spray
everything with carb cleaner, let it sit and spray it again, even maybe a
third time? Did you use compressed air to blow out every possibility of dir
from the smallest passages? If you don't have a compressor a soda straw and
a lot of lung power have worked for me. I did get a bit lightheaded,
though. Were you meticulous at getting every gasket seat very clean without
scarring them with a screwdriver or knife? Lastly, what did you use as your
initial settings for the idle and fast run screws? Was it 1.5 turns out
(CCW) from full, soft stop?

Like I said, no offense intended. Sometimes we can all forget the simplest
things.

Best of luck,
Chuck

Craftsman 8.5 hp snowblower jasmin Home Repair 28 January 9th 14 06:25 PM
Snowblower..... stoli Home Repair 3 October 30th 05 11:00 PM
Snowblower...? Ken Weitzel Electronics Repair 8 January 28th 05 03:37 PM
Snowblower Corinne Home Repair 0 January 6th 05 10:20 PM
Snowblower Brands jwill Home Ownership 3 September 25th 03 12:01 PM